[WebApp] Stardew Predictor -- Gaze into the future of your farm

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MouseyPounds, Feb 23, 2018.

1. Tyndel

Tyndel Void-Bound Voyager

I think the bug I mentioned above returned with new 1.4.2 saves.

• MouseyPounds

MouseyPounds Cosmic Narwhal

Thanks. Is it only on day one saves again? Version parsing is going to be the death of me... :p

margotbean likes this.
      • Tyndel

Hm, it seems day 2 is not recognized as well. I'll check more.

edit: I attached two 1.4.2 saves, one recognized on day 3 and one still not recognized on day 5.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 8, 2019
          MouseyPounds likes this.
        • MouseyPounds

Thanks for the saves. Update going up with a new fix that hopefully lasts a little longer this time :D

Tyndel likes this.
          • Tyndel

Great, works on my end now. :)

• Tyndel

Apologies for the double-post. I just wanted to report that the search function for Krobus doesn't work on any of my saves. Other searches work fine.

• MouseyPounds

Thanks for the report; I've pushed a fix for that.

• gobbldygook

gobbldygook Void-Bound Voyager

Not a bug report or something you can change, just an interesting observation: I'm playing Stardew on a homebrewed switch, made a save backup, and transferred it to my PC to see what your predictor would say about it. The predictor did parse it correctly and showed me info that looked normal compared to my other PC saves - but since then, I've checked several things in-game against the predictions and discovered they're not the same (notably, the predictor saying I should get Evelyn for Winter Star and my actually ending up with Clint). This makes me wonder if the randomization algorithm was changed in the process of porting the game to Switch! My next test would be to load the backed-up Switch save in the PC version and play/sleep through until Winter Star to see if the predictor is correct in that case.

• Elenna101

Elenna101 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Er, the predictor just told me that my white egg from the cart will cost NaNg... what does that mean?
                    upload_2020-3-24_22-48-35.png

Attached Files:

• margotbean

margotbean Existential Complex

NaN means "Not a Number". It means Mousey made a boo-boo in the code. Hopefully, Mousey is well and healthy and can push a fix soon! XO <3 <3

• Xorelock

Xorelock Void-Bound Voyager

Any thoughts on adding support for predicting "Help Wanted" daily quests?

• Bla_De

Bla_De Yeah, You!

Do you accept help for developing this? I have been doing a lot of digging into rng elements of the game for the purposes of seeded speedruns. For my marriage run i did a lot of work around the billboard (help wanted), so have a bit of knowledge around that.

I have also put together a map predictor app, which complements the information on this site.

I have noticed that trash items are not always consistent due to the 20 can check. Is it possible to add an option to the page to toggle whether you have checked 20 or not (defaulted based on the file read)?

• mythicalmax

mythicalmax Seal Broken

It looks like the geode predictor is off now, at least for saves that were started pre-1.5 and have now been updated to 1.5. I used a few regular geodes and others beginning at the number selected (112) and got completely different results - this wasn't unexpected though! I guessed it would be off, just wanted to be absolutely sure. What I got instead, at least the first few, were Jamborite, Jagoite, Calcite, and then others I forget. This was all from regular geodes. Hoping this gets back to regular soon because it helped me get two prismatic shards VERY early in my current save. [​IMG]

Kurachi84 and MouseyPounds like this.
                            • NecroDJ

NecroDJ Seal Broken

I made a new save file in the 1.5 update and everything is just completely off about the predictions on geodes, I tried around 20 geodes but only the first one matched, not a single thing matched.

Attached Files:

MouseyPounds likes this.
                              • psozak408

psozak408 Void-Bound Voyager

With a fresh save file from 1.5 and using the randomized dungeon chests the results come up as undefined for me.

Attached Files:

• Tyndel

I looked at the source code and I think the discrepancy with the geodes is that an additional NextDouble() call is made before the Golden Coconut bit to check for some Qi bean quest state.

MouseyPounds and RevanImperator like this.
                                  • moredrowsy

moredrowsy Space Hobo

Can you please add volcano chest's item predictor?

• Danielgd

Danielgd Space Hobo

the geode predictor still doesn't work

Last edited: Dec 28, 2020
                                      • MouseyPounds

Thank you (and @NecroDJ and @Danielgd ) for reporting this and @Tyndel for a pointer on the problem. An update has been pushed which should fix the geode predictions.

Can you send me a copy of the save?

RevanImperator likes this.
                                        • theusualuser

theusualuser Space Hobo

So, admittedly this is my first time using the predictor, but I started a new 1.5 farm and ticked the box that says guarantee completeable in one year. When I upload that save file to the predictor, it says I can't get a red cabbage until winter of year 2 from the merchant. I should still be okay, because I ticked the box in the game saying it should be possible, right?