Chat Hels Chatroom V: Hel's Angels

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Hel, Oct 28, 2017.

1. Hel

Hel ✨ Johto's Finest ✨ Forum Moderator

This is still going? lol

Hi guys, to some of you its long time no speak lol

Firebird Zoom, Bonabopn and Jimlad 42 like this.
  2. An Old Knight

An Old Knight Ketchup Robot

Speaking hard, that's why type instead.

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  3. Firebird Zoom

Firebird Zoom Oxygen Tank

You doing alright, Hel?

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  4. BAM-BIN-0

BAM-BIN-0 Guest

yeh lol how's it going hel

cause i've witnessed a car crash yesterday

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  5. Hel

Hel ✨ Johto's Finest ✨ Forum Moderator

things haven't exactly been great, but thats that virus isnt it.

How are you? How is everyone?

Firebird Zoom and Jimlad 42 like this.
  6. Bonabopn

Bonabopn Fluffiest Squirrel

i hope no-one was hurt! :c

I am fine, being at home all the time is normal for me so there wasn't much change with the pandemic. I'm still trying to fight my social anxiety disorder, did you know people are really scary?

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  7. Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

Hey! There's only a few of us still posting. Not like the old days. (;

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  8. BAM-BIN-0

BAM-BIN-0 Guest

nah no one got hurt no worries

damn i wish this forum was more active.

terraria's forum is still active, why is this one not? i mean we still got a discord but ok

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2021
    Ambose and Jimlad 42 like this.
  9. Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

@BAM-BIN-0 Please don't double post. Use the edit feature or wait for someone else to reply first.

Yeah same. );

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  10. Firebird Zoom

Firebird Zoom Oxygen Tank

Terraria was lightning in a bottle, similar to Minecraft. It blew up, gained popularity, and maintained that popularity through dedicated content creators and Re:Logic continuing to push out updates well into 2020. It also is rather telling that, as far as I am aware, Re:Logic has only had its hands in three other games: Pixel Piracy, Pixel Privateers, and Terraria: Otherworld.

Chucklefish, on the other hand, is more a publisher than a developer. Of the indie games they've published, Stardew Valley was ultimately a flash in the pan, Risk of Rain 1 was a thing that's since been eclipsed by its sequel, and all others have seen minimal coverage if they're lucky. Of the in-house games, Wargroove flopped and Starbound shot itself in the foot by cutting upwards of 75% of the content it had as it was leaving Early Access in favor of a highly linear story and progression system that hurt the game's replayability. In addition, Chucklefish ceased the development of new Starbound content shortly after launch.

I guess it is somewhat telling that the first I had heard of Starbound in years was someone lamenting that there would forever be a dearth of good Floran art.

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  11. Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

Uh ...

True.

This is just untrue. Wargroove is a very popular game. Commercially it's very successful.

This is also untrue. Since launch they've released several patches that introduced new content. Whether or not the content should have been in the base game and whether or not people like it doesn't matter; the fact remains that they have added new content. They also have plans to add more content in the future. They've recently hired (within last two years) new staff to work on Starbound. There is a feature freeze for Starbound at the moment because of the port to console. This information can be found pinned in the Starbound channel on Chucklefish's discord server.

Firebird Zoom and Jimlad 42 like this.
  12. Daikon Ocelot

Daikon Ocelot Spaceman Spiff

Yeah, unfortunately the two first is already a dead game. The dev abandon it because of internal problem of their own, and for the last one, Re-Logic cancel it for good.
    I have no opinion for that one. I have enough criticizing them.

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  13. An Old Knight

An Old Knight Ketchup Robot

I loved Starbound... until I beat the game and there was nothing good to do, then they added modular mechs into the game, but those mechs were crap compared to the mechs you got from mods. Let's just say that the mods for Starbound are better than Starbound itself. I also made my own mod but gave up on the game before making any progress.

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  14. Daikon Ocelot

I'd say CF should rework their mechs into something more mech-like (I think, all their mech looks outdated compared to the mech that we see in sci-fi nowadays). I mean, if I was a game dev, and someone make a mod of my game better than the original game itself, I would honestly be jealous (in positive way) and ashame (also in positive way). I mean like "aw man, my fans make something better than my thing, I should improve it then." You know, take it as a challenge to improve our own game. But yeah, at least that's from my perspective.

Anyway, different topics, anything happens in this early year in each of your country? Mine, well, there's quite a lot.

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  15. Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

I live in the United States now so you could say there have been a couple things that happened.

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  16. Daikon Ocelot

Well, here in Indonesia, for our early year, we have landslide, earthquake, plane crash, and volcano eruption. What an event to start a new year.

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  17. icegriffon

icegriffon Star Wrangler

In other countries, things happen to you. In (soviet) Russia, you happen to things.

Moor Oakheart,
    That's why here in Russia many consider the 14-th of January to be the actual New Year beginning. Anything prior could still be considered as 2020 events...

By the way, anyone from China here? There was a fascinating meteor lately, but no info about it since. I wonder if anything was found and what it was.

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  18. Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

So I did my nails a couple days ago. The eight year old wanted to do hers and tried to give me tips. I was like "child I know more than you". lol

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  19. Daikon Ocelot

It's really cute that a child feels confident about giving us older people some tips.

Pangaea and Jimlad 42 like this.
  20. Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

Yeah it's great that she's so confident.

Jimlad 42 and Daikon Ocelot like this.