1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Ashspeaker's The House Of Peace (prev. EP's Shadow Expansion) 0.9.1.9+1

Adds new playable race with themed objects, dungeons and LORE

1. CloudyTheSergal

CloudyTheSergal Void-Bound Voyager

And what are the shadows inside the "pain" lakes.

Have you ever stopped to think how confused a shadow could be to join the peacekeepers crew

2. CloudyTheSergal

I am a fan like to appreciate more of the lore. already thought about making a wiki just like Elithian Races

3. Evil Parrot

Evil Parrot Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I know I'm quite fast to answer, sorry, so...

Everything has a song. While you create something, you leave a cloud of information around this something, information about what this something was meant to represent. The shadows can see these songs. This liquid, unknowingly created by the shadows, shows with its song what shadows see as Pain - the parasite who drains the world. Other creatures see this because the song of this liquid is strong enough to transmit itself into other creatures' minds. So, as I said earlier, it is their desire to reveal to the world what they can see with perfect clarity.

Why would the shadows feel confused joining the Peacekeepers?

Last edited: Jan 20, 2021
  4. CloudyTheSergal

I believe that some peacemakers would have a hard time explaining certain concepts to the shadows

why is there no white furniture available? want to add them in the future?

Does the ruin have a melody to show the shadow people?
    In addition to the melancholy of humanity, which once prospered and is now reduced to refugees left by the stars
    Now without a place to belong condemned to the emptiness of the stars. What an amazing arrangement it would be for a composition!

I'm looking forward to the next content updates, it's an incredible work!

5. Evil Parrot

There is a crafting station at the Silent Domain, the Consumer. It can transform common shadow furniture into ashes-styled furniture.

Destruction. Blunt and relentless force, uncaring and egoistic. The shadows basically hate it for the simple reason that it brings pain to the galaxy. Even if Ruin itself sings of something, the shadows shall not listen. For them, it is just another source of Pain.

What concepts it would be like?

6. CloudyTheSergal

then you got me son

Attached Files:

7. CloudyTheSergal

Of course I tested this after receiving the tip, but two things the first is that I realized that not all furniture is transformed. Second blocks can they be converted?

Last edited: Feb 16, 2021
  8. Evil Parrot

They can. I suppose I should make a small quest in the future to introduce this converter properly [​IMG]

9. CloudyTheSergal

do you want to add new structures, planets, mini biomes?
    maybe making the ash planet a little more attractive
    :rofl: to this day I'm trying to capture the "ghosts" with capture pods and mods

10. Evil Parrot

Structures - definitely. Planets and biomes - probably not. Maybe as some mission locations.
    Do you find ashes planets unattractive? The planets should be like some serene and peaceful place but otherworldly and alien at the same time. They are, after all, the reflection of the shadow's homeworld, even if a little(or not little) distorted

11. CloudyTheSergal

Yes very reflective but over time it becomes obsolete, maybe temples will help to add something ..... however it can be added in missions, more exclusive structures may be welcome, a little more of your technology maybe? drones, staffs, mechs .. an instrument like a recorder would sound more melancholy than a guitar

12. Evil Parrot

13. Evil Parrot

14. Lumpy109

Lumpy109 Void-Bound Voyager

Glad to see the shadow race mod able to be downloaded again, you're welcome for the attention to the issue! I can't wait to see where you'll take this mod. Idea: Shadow Mounts and/or monsters, would love to have monster minions for my shadow character. :)

15. Evil Parrot

Evil Parrot updated EP's Shadow Expansion with a new update entry:

0.9.1.9 Consistency Update

Read the rest of this update entry...

16. Evil Parrot

17. DMForrester

DMForrester Big Damn Hero

Hey so not sure if it's intended, but the filename "HoP Hotfix.pak" is a bit confusing - I wasn't sure if I was supposed to replace the original or keep both... until I checked the filesize and saw the fix bigger than the old. So it's a replacement. Still, I might have been scratching my head over that one :)

Also, this error is still showing in my log:
    [Error]Exception caught loading asset: /species/epshadow.raceeffect, (AssetException) Could not read JSON asset /species/epshadow.raceeffect

I think it's either FU or StardustLite; with most other races there's a compatibility patch, but the only one for shadow is old (from before the name change) and says it's unbalanced. Oh, and on steam so I can't use it anyway lol.

Last but not least, thanks for keeping the updates coming. This mod is amazing. :)

Evil Parrot likes this.
  18. Evil Parrot

That's right, it is FU-related bug, the FU can't find the racial stats description file cause I've never added one. Oopsie
    Thank you for playing the mod ^^
    It's really comforting that people enjoy my work <3