1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED FrackinUniverse 6.4.0

Enhance your starbound experience in every area. Massive mod.

1. Albirei

Albirei Phantasmal Quasar

I've been having a difficult time interpreting why FU is failing on boot. I had to test one mod at a time just to be sure it was the problem I was having. Attached a crash log, which repeats the information from the fatal error popup. 6.1.xx series all seem to be resulting in the same message for me.

Attached Files:

2. tigerfestival

tigerfestival Cosmic Narwhal

This is your error Caused by: (StarException) Asset dependencies form a cycle

Basically two or more mods is referring to another mod for dependency, but in turn the mod is referring to the other mod as a dependency, thus creating a cycle and the crash occurs. Do you by any chance have Frackin Races and Frackin Universe installed together? If so remove Frackin Races, as now Frackin Races has been merged with Frackin Universe.

Albirei likes this.
  3. Albirei

I previously had both installed for FU 5.6.362, as they were still independent at the time. Put off updating until now. I did remove FR when adding FU 6.1.28, but this error still occurs. I did NOT remove FM or FI, since I don't know if they're built in now or not. Should I?

4. tigerfestival

Remove them too and see if your game works.

5. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

6. Albirei

Just tried that. Same error. With any combination of the four, including just complete removal and then adding 6.1.28; attached a snapshot of the last working instance I had.

Attached Files:

7. tigerfestival

I honestly don't know then. You'll have to uninstall each mod one by one and load the game after each uninstall until the game works. I know it's the most painful method, but it's also the most effective. Good Luck.

8. Albirei

Sad day. It was Gyrusens+ causing the issue. Lots of QOL content in there I'm gonna miss.

9. tigerfestival

Glad your problem was squashed. Also Sayter I think you should add Gyrusens+ to the list of incompatible mods if you haven't already.

10. CapnHighliner

CapnHighliner Void-Bound Voyager

To troubleshoot, I started fresh and added the first three largest files (FU and whatever the other two were) to see if Starbound began a new game. If it did, then I'd move to installing the next three and then see if I could start a new game... and so on. If I couldn't start a new game, then I'd go to the three I'd just installed and try them one at a time.

Once I found an optimal list that all worked, I took screenshots and named those images THESE FILES WORK.

All in all, the process took me maybe two hours or so. But keep in mind that I've clocked much much more than two hours since then, so that small timeframe was definitely worth it.

11. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

12. Pop Guy

Pop Guy Void-Bound Voyager

Hi Sayter!
    First of all, thank you for continuing to update your wonderful mod again.
    Recently I had decided to go back to playing on my historical world, just to see the news of the FU: it just crashes by itself after a few seconds that I open it.
    With new characters it does not happen, but I would like to understand if there is hope for the old rescue to which I have dedicated hundreds and hundreds of hours ...

Attached Files:

13. Arti78

Arti78 Space Kumquat

Most of the time, the updates are not reverse compatible with older characters/worlds. This is why I usually wipe the universe/characters every so often.

14. Pop Guy

Pop Guy Void-Bound Voyager

That's what I'm afraid, I still trust Sayter can find a solution. If, on the other hand, the character was irremediably compromised, I would at least like to be able to save the colossal structures that I built :'D From what I understand they should always be present; even if they are located who knows where in the procedural universe of the game.

15. Arti78

Arti78 Space Kumquat

Yeah, as long as you don't visit that particular planet, it stays there, but if you land it'll crash, usually. I've run across this randomly. Given how big the universe is in the game, it's all a gamble, lol.

16. Lightning Wing

Lightning Wing Tentacle Wrangler

Does there really need to be an extensive and complicated tutorial with the tricorder? Every time I start a new game I have to build the stupid thing and go through the cave of wonders just to start the real game. It's worse now that a skill tree has been added just to craft certain items. I don't know the reason why all this stuff had been added but an option to skip the tricorder and skill tree stuff would be a saving grace for someone like me so I can get to the main game sooner.

Sock_Bunny likes this.
  17. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

18. Lightning Wing

Lightning Wing Tentacle Wrangler

I'm having a brain fart, what am I supposed to be noticing specifically?

Sock_Bunny likes this.
  19. Sock_Bunny

Sock_Bunny Existential Complex

the forums automatically post to mod threads if the owner updates the mod, which is why sayter referred to himself in third person
    (unless I'm missing something in the changelogs)

20. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time