Modding Help Calliote FU-Support.(Stats,Weapon Boni etc.)

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Serriro, May 25, 2021.

1. Serriro

Serriro Space Hobo

Greetings,

i guess i'll get right to the point. ^^

Am trying/looking for a mod to add FU-Support, to the Calliote from the "Callistan Race Mod" by Roskii Heiral.
    (link to the mod)
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=774083065

The mod comes with 3 Races (1 Main and 2 Subraces that were later added), Callistan,Calliskii & Calliote (Each having slightly different Appearances).
    [​IMG]
    Now, the mod has FU-Support (as seen on the picture)but only the Callistan and Calliskii have the Stats,weapon boni,diet etc. . And i'd like those Stats/Perks, to also apply to the Calliote.

Is there anyway to create a mod fo they get the same Stats/perks and so on, as the 2 others. Since 2 of the 3 have the Support already,i was hoping it would be as easy as "copy and paste" from one to the other.

Thats why am asking for help .If i can get an explanation then maybe(?) i can do it myself.But currently am kinda Stuck, and dunno where to get started/ how to do it. I don't really have any Coding experience, like i know how to for instance edit my Character name with Notepad++ but thats about it .^^

Thanks you for reading, i hope i explained it right, what am trying to do/looking for.

Have a nice day.

EDIT:

I mean for Frackin Universe Base mod, so not Frackin Races ^^

Last edited: May 25, 2021
  2. Zaakari

Zaakari Pangalactic Porcupine

Greetings,

The stats list that you see in those images is just some text that gets put into (or in this case patched into) the callistan/calliskii species files. So adding that is pretty simple, just add a new patch file in the "/species" directory named "calliote.species.patch" containing the proper patch operation (replace in this case).

Getting those listed effects to actually apply in game is less obvious; but if you look in the "/species" folder in the Frackin Universe mod you'll see a bunch of ".raceeffect" files. Frackin Universe uses these files to give the various races their buffs/debuffs (how it does that is more complicated). The simple version is that copying the "callistar.raceeffect" file and renaming it to "calliote.raceeffect" does the trick.

I've attached a zipped-up mod that should do what you want. Just extract the contents to your mods folder. It's not packed, so you can easily have a look at to see how it works, in case you want to do something similar in the future.

Attached Files:

Serriro likes this.
  3. Serriro

Serriro Space Hobo

Hello,

Thank you so much, you really helped me out <3
    Everything works fine, had some starting trouble like finding the right folders, but in the end i got it to work. :nuruflirt:

And its nice being able to see the contents, defiently helped me understand better how it works.

I hope you have a nice Day, take care.

Thanks again.:nuruhype:

4. Zaakari

Zaakari Pangalactic Porcupine

You're welcome. I'm glad I could help.