1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED NPCSpawner+ 1.1.6

Spawn in and Customize NPCs similar to a chargen

1. amirmiked12

amirmiked12 Parsec Taste Tester

plz, help me.i made an NPC turned him into a member using job offer.then I can't even interact with him or talk or anything.
    when I tried to kill him he won't die.
    I even used tons of lava .but he won't get the hell out of my ship

2. GoldRidley

GoldRidley Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Mod works pretty well. Easily the best solution to making and equipping your own crew.

For giggles I've been spawning them with some of FU's more exotic weapons - I have yet to find a crew-friendly npctype that works well with rapid firing weapons, but you can still do some entertaining things, like equip them with tile-destroying or homing weaponry.

3. vanWiggen

vanWiggen Void-Bound Voyager

I have a question:
    Can custom NPCs generate quests just like the ones that spawn from a colony deed?

Edit: Nevermind, one of them just did xD

Last edited: Jul 7, 2017
  4. zenithBemusement

zenithBemusement Void-Bound Voyager

Is it just me, or do fists not work with this mod? Cause whenever I make a npc that dual wields fists, one of the fists disappears after teleporting.

5. Imjusthereforthemods

Imjusthereforthemods Void-Bound Voyager

I'm not sure if this is a bug or just something I'm doing wrong, but whenever I give a crew member NPC a weapon (the weapons in question are from vanilla) it's completely gone once I recruit them and replaced with a randomly generated one. Is there anything that can be done about this?

6. Joseph K

Joseph K Giant Laser Beams

I wish I knew how to code them to say certain things.

7. TrueGota

TrueGota Big Damn Hero

Is it somehow possible to limit the area they move around in and have them interact with certain objects? Like, I have a lobby and want the receptionist NPC to sit in her chair all the time instead of moving around while the visitors are supposed to walk around in a limited space instead half of the building

8. Illuminarchie

Illuminarchie Void-Bound Voyager

I love the mod and all - but I have a couple lingering questions:
    1. If you set what you make as a crew member will it become a crew member?
    2. With the npcs you do make, do they act like regular npcs giving you quests and to join your crew

That's about it - thanks for any responses!

9. ChronoHyperion

ChronoHyperion Big Damn Hero

Hello, the mod is already updated on steam. Would someone kind enough to update the mod here in the Starbound forums?

10. Deadmine135

Deadmine135 Big Damn Hero

uhh hello, i dont know if you still active in this forum. but would you mind updating the Forum version please...knowing i own Starbound on GOG make things harder when alot of good mods are ended on steam workshop, wich doesnt support external download. like this one.

EDIT: NVM the guy who update this website http://steamworkshop.download (i hope the moderator doesnt knocking on my door for this) has updated the record, now i can download the update now. hehe....

Last edited: May 21, 2018
    ChronoHyperion likes this.
  11. Yumi0823

Yumi0823 Void-Bound Voyager

Hi im having a problem.... is it compatible with 1.3.3??? cuz i've used this mod in older versions but from here i dunno why. Everytime I place either of the npc creators my game crashes.... Luv it BTW

12. enderstorm

enderstorm Void-Bound Voyager

Maybe I'm just missing it but I'm not seeing how to add custom NPCtypes from mods and such. It lists some of them, but not all, namely the crew types FU adds.

13. Lightning Wing

Lightning Wing Tentacle Wrangler

So here's a question. What do the personalities do? I always thought "personality" was just a fun way to describe the idle poses in the character creator, so if it's actually something different then how does each peronality effect an NPC? Also you might want to change "crewmember" to "crewmembersoldierred" because It took me a half hour to figure that out. There was also what look like a bug where none of the NPC types appeared.

14. Joseph K

Joseph K Giant Laser Beams

I believe personality means the same thing to npcs that it does to player characters