1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Vanta Race 2.0.4

The Nightars, resurrected and reborn!

1. Joseph K

Joseph K Giant Laser Beams

Never played it, but the vehicle looks cool

2. AbsoluteXeroEX

AbsoluteXeroEX Phantasmal Quasar

Right, so it's not quite ready for release yet, but I'm going to go ahead and give you a heads-up:

The next update is going to break existing characters as well as the universe files, due to retooling the biome I put in as well as removing/retooling certain integrations.

I wasn't really happy with the way I just threw things together for the sake of getting new content into the mod, and it wouldn't be fair to the community to call it a true, stable mod with all of the current issues that I've seen/have been reported. The extended silence is due to the point I just described, but also making sure I have the majority of new content ready or at least in proper staging for subsequent updates.

In short:

upload_2021-2-8_20-56-33.png

3. AbsoluteXeroEX

4. AbsoluteXeroEX

5. Joseph K

This looks quite promising

AbsoluteXeroEX likes this.
  6. AbsoluteXeroEX

Finally had a spark of creativity for the race-specific intro mission and thought I'd give a small teaser

7. AbsoluteXeroEX

8. SAwesome1018

SAwesome1018 Master Chief

9. AbsoluteXeroEX

That seems more tailored to the FU version of the Nightars, which includes the race by default. This mod is quite a bit different from its original incarnation of the Nightars, so it would have to specifically tag "vanta" as a species, not "nightar".

10. AbsoluteXeroEX

New keypad design for (future) Nightar missions

nightarkeypad_concept.png

Last edited: Jun 22, 2021
  11. AbsoluteXeroEX

Quick progress update: New custom intro mission and its scripting is complete, just working out a few kinks with the follow-up details (i.e., "bootship" quest). I'm pushing myself to get this update out by the end of the week. I would also like community feedback once it's out (what did you like about it, what didn't you like about it, what would you change, etc.)

Stay tuned!

12. Joseph K

That's exciting. I'm always eager for a good mission

13. AbsoluteXeroEX

14. AbsoluteXeroEX

15. AbsoluteXeroEX

16. TimRtec

TimRtec Intergalactic Tourist

I cant get this race to work, i try to get to the elevator and the code near it wont work and if i skip the intro it wont let me leave the ship because the SAIL AI is bugged or something.
    Its also still telling me to get the matter manipulator other then that mod is good-

17. AbsoluteXeroEX

Hey Tim, thanks for the heads-up! I'll take another look at it and see what's going on. Do you know which elevator code(s) weren't working? Because there's two different codes, both of which are accessible in the mission.

18. AbsoluteXeroEX

Good news! I've identified the issue with the intro quest. Because the 'bootship' quest requires the Protectorate Intro by default, I had to force-start the main questline through the intro mission, but the issue is where in the code I placed that function. I also resolved the radiomessage flub when skipping the intro, so now you won't have the weirdness with SAIL telling you you've been in cryosleep for too long when skipping the intro quest.

As far as the codes go, there are two different codes you will need to find in the intro mission, and both of them work on their respective keypads (re-tested this after the intro mission script fix).

These changes, as well as additional bits and bobs, will be made available on the next update, which is almost ready for release, so stay tuned!~

EDIT: I see the issue you were having with the code, I used the wrong graphic for the third digit in the PocSec. I sincerely apologize for that; that will be fixed in the next update as well.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2021
  19. AbsoluteXeroEX

20. AbsoluteXeroEX

Because I want to give the Vanta an even grander entrance to the game, I decided to start tooling around with cinematics properly and came up with this nice little teaser for you all. I plan to build off of what I have thus far and retool the intro mission altogether as well to reflect even more of a disconnect from the Protectorate.

And yes, the inspiration is from Metroid Prime, which is what I was aiming for.

[​IMG]

21. AbsoluteXeroEX

22. AbsoluteXeroEX

Obligatory "still not dead" update. Got a new sneak peak of things that are on their way for you below. Also, I sincerely apologize for the lack of updates and communication, real life has a bad habit of kicking me when I'm down, and being the sole developer of this thing is also a pain because I also try to prioritize family life. That being said, I have not, nor do I intend to drop development on this mod for the foreseeable future. Progression is just slow due to work and family life, is all.

But I digress.

BEHOLD!

[​IMG]

23. Joseph K

That looks amazing

AbsoluteXeroEX likes this.