Emotes! /dance :D

Discussion in 'Mechanics' started by -Red-, Mar 18, 2012.

1. -Red-

-Red- Big Damn Hero

Just a small little thing but of course is popular in many other games.... Emotes. And I mean real ones, not text based /me emotes used in roleplay. It'd be nice to just have /dance but other actual interactions with fellow players like giving /hugs and whatnot :p

RafaelOfDarkness and Tindome like this.
  2. Bonabopn

Bonabopn Fluffiest Squirrel

We need many dances! From shufflin' to the monkey! They will be /dance1 /dance2 etc. c:

3. Яetrospekt

Яetrospekt Pangalactic Porcupine

Dancing emotes would be pretty cool I guess :)

4. Peberro

Peberro Subatomic Cosmonaut

Shufflin' Shufflin'...
    Yeah, they are indeed.
    :up:

5. Starheaven07

Starheaven07 Pyxis Tube

I would love to see dancing in the game in general
    Maybe you can pick which dance you character does during customization

TeoTheDriller likes this.
  6. Яetrospekt

Яetrospekt Pangalactic Porcupine

I second that, That'd be totaly awesome if you could make your character dance :D

Animaster78900 likes this.
  7. Aeridan

Aeridan Pangalactic Porcupine

I'd love to see a variety of emotes in Starbound, from simple ones to animations that look like your character is talking or nodding, to something more complex like dancing. They would be extremely useful in roleplays!

8. Pinkie Pie

Pinkie Pie Cosmic Narwhal

Dance emotes are must! So that everyone can party hard!

9. Starheaven07

Starheaven07 Pyxis Tube

I would love to have a dance option for excessive rocking out as one of the dances
    although animating the hair might be a hassle : /

Pinkie Pie likes this.
  10. Skippo

Skippo Tentacle Wrangler

:O emotes are AMAZING must have

11. BluesClues

BluesClues Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Yes please

12. Nithilus

Nithilus Big Damn Hero

Needs to have the moonwalk of course :p

13. Anemia

Anemia Big Damn Hero

"/dance" is very close to a must imo. I would also love it if the person you're hugging would join in the "same" animation :3.

14. wsensor

wsensor Subatomic Cosmonaut

Oh noes! Now all I can think about is zombie mobs doing the Thriller Dance.

15. Madmarlon

Madmarlon Pangalactic Porcupine

A dance? That sounds fun! I can imagine a crowd of players doing the same dance at the same time. :rofl: Maybe even a dance only you and your clan members do?

16. Starheaven07

Starheaven07 Pyxis Tube

Clan-specific dances might be a little too much, Marlon. However I do like the idea of being able to change your dance depending on what other people are doing.

There is a Korean MMO called Archeage which has a thing called "dance mode" instead of a normal emote for it. You can walk around and fight during it too, and potentially play the whole game while dancing. Also if enough people get together (about 5) and dance, disco lights start going off.

Not saying I want to play through Starbound while dancing (that would be incredibly silly), but special things happening when a lot of people dance together would definitely be an example of the caring touch that has made me love this game unconditionally.

17. Space Core

Space Core Pangalactic Porcupine

yes this is needed, i must dance during my airlock escapades!

18. Symbiote-Mullet

Symbiote-Mullet Space Spelunker

weapon appeals could be nice, such as twirling a gun on one finger or something.
    But change the animation depending on what hand it's in and stuff.

Ooh ooh ooh ooh ooh ooh ooh Can we have a high-5 emote please?
    ...Which could be quite silly if everyone else in a server just leaves you hanging, so you're running away from monsters and meteor storms yelling "Come on guys! Just do it so I can fight with both hands!"
    That would be nicely silly.

19. Eqlles

Eqlles Over 9000!!!

I want do dance for the entire game! Do ALL the dances! My bros would get really angry if I was using dance mode while manning a turret or something... Most intense dungeon dive we do, and I could just dance the entire time... :love:

20. Coolitic

Coolitic Big Damn Hero

/dance how bout a hotkey or something that lets you say something with a hotkey like the bind command for Source games.