Chucklefish is making all the right choices.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Deity, Feb 13, 2013.

1. Deity

Deity Title Not Found

I'm glad that the Chucklefish team knows great potential when they see it. They are making a very good name for themselves in the indie game business!

Stardew Valley is another game that I know will take my life away from me and I am totally okay with that.

What do you all think of Chucklefish helping other developers?
    And what are your initial thoughts on Stardew Valley?

Evangelion, Solum, Leonhartd and 6 others like this.
    • Huntrex

Huntrex Big Damn Hero

I want stardew stuff in starbound and vice versa easter eggs of doom :D

Solum and WoxandWarf like this.
      • Pandora

Pandora Existential Complex

Harvest Moon + 4 player co-op = OMGEEEEEEEEEE

Lellom and KirasiN like this.
        • mollygos

mollygos Former Staff

Thanks! <3

Solum, Landlaw, KirasiN and 3 others like this.
          • Dzelda

Dzelda Parsec Taste Tester

As Machiavelli once said, he who helps others to greatness in turn sow the seeds of their own destruction.

However, another thing he did say was "Do the means justify the end?"
            The Chucklefish crew, not just Tiy, are sacrificing alot of themselves by helping others, (Sending even a few developers to other projects to keep them busy/help others with their games) and spreading it seems an aura of joy into the indie game territories that will most likely give them ALL a foothold in times to come. So yes, if you had to ask me, this is just as much benefitting them by advertising other games, because A. The game being promoted's fanbase now knows of Starbound, while we the fans of Starbound are introduced to other great games they endorse.

This can only end in great times for everyone. And as for Stardew Valley, I am seriously happy Tiy advertised this game, Ive been watching this game on Steam and it has rocketed through Greenlight since Tiy started promoting it. And I personally can't wait to play it with my girlfriend once it comes out :)

Solum, Draken09 and Deity like this.
            • TheMurumasa

TheMurumasa Existential Complex

ChuckleFish is doing amazing things for indie gaming and I cant want to see what else they have under their belt. Once I have the skills required I would love to work for a similar company.

Draken09 likes this.
              • Zellman

Zellman Existential Complex

I think it is really awesome that Tiy is helping to get these other games published. He is helping other devs get noticed, while also expanding Chucklefish's purpose beyond simply developing Starbound. This bodes very well for the future of Starbound and the company in general.

Ropcord and Deity like this.
                • EnderRydel

EnderRydel Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Saw the trailer and I have to say I'm intrigued. Can't claim to have played many of the Harvest Moon games but I might give Stardew Valley a try when it comes out.

As for Chucklefish helping out other developers and lending their efforts to other games, I'm all for it. Can't put all your eggs into one basket, after all, and both Stardew Valley and Treasure Adventure World are looking to be pretty interesting as well.

• olisr

olisr Scruffy Nerf-Herder

The moves that Chucklefish have made really makes me feel excited for the future. I wish them great success!

• Draken09

Draken09 Black Hole Surfer

As long as Stardew valley doesn't fall down the path of all those Facebook farming games, I think I'll like it! The thing I look for most in games is playing with friends (not at them such as in social games), and while I have never played Harvest Moon, this looks interesting at least, and I'll be sure to give it plenty of consideration when it comes out!

• olisr

olisr Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Stardew Valley will be nothing like the facebook games. I've played many Harvest Moon and Rune Factory games and this one looks like it's in a similar vein. In short, it's gonna wicked relaxing, and most of all fun.

Draken09 likes this.
                        • Cloakedboltz

Cloakedboltz Guest

Aside from the grid system and farm theme they are not really similar.

Draken09 likes this.
                          • Mopy

Mopy Cosmic Narwhal

First, I love the name! Second, I really like what I've seen in the trailer. It reminds me of a cross between Minecraft and Animal Crossing. That being said, I'm not sure if I would play this game in multi player. It looks like it may be more fun in single player. I'm also not sure if I would want to play it on a pc. I think i would rather play it on a smart phone or tablet, but I'm not sure how much it would limit the game. Either way ill be keeping an eye on this game!

Deity likes this.
                            • The Computer Nut

The Computer Nut Void-Bound Voyager

Stardew Valley has much more in common with the Harvest Moon games than it does with Farmville (I've never played Farmville myself, but I've read about it). While I was watching the trailer and it brought me back to the fun of farming in Harvest Moon.

Draken09 likes this.
                              • Draken09

Draken09 Black Hole Surfer

Thank you everyone for reassuring me! (And also for not being aggressive about it, I really like it when people on the internet are civil! :))

• General Chaos

General Chaos Pangalactic Porcupine

Indeed Chucklefish is making some very good calls on what games they decide to go after getting the ability to publish. I have been following Stardew Valley ever since it first had any in-game images of it. Harvest moon'ish + Zelda + solo/4player co-op = love. It is nice to see it having a good publisher. Look forward to the game being released,voted on it on Greenlight a long time ago and added to my collection. Gonna enjoy this game quite a lot.

• Rekalty

Rekalty Friend of the Night

A very good call indeed, virtual high-five, Chucklefish!

• oath2order

oath2order Parsec Taste Tester

I dunno if you'e seen the trailers yet, but there's no way it's anywhere close to being like those.

• Baradrim

Baradrim Big Damn Hero

Let's hope so.

• Dizzard

Dizzard Scruffy Nerf-Herder

ConcernedApe made a great choice too, don't forget. :)

If this is anything like the Harvest Moon games then it won't end up like a facebook game. The big difference between Harvest Moon and Farmville is immersion and the sense that you're actually working the farm rather than just clicking a few things every couple of hours. (among many other things)

Deity likes this.