NPC Centaurs

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by Ayumi, Apr 19, 2013.

1. Menen

Menen Star Wrangler

Centaurs of all races are needed

Novakid Centaurs... yesss.

2. Sousuke Kuroda

Sousuke Kuroda Spaceman Spiff

A Centaur race would fit better if it was an Alien species in and of itself rather than combinations of strange alien four legged creature and one of the already existing races.

Otherwise I don't see this panning out, its too fantasy.

Poe Salesman likes this.
  3. Br4xxx

Br4xxx Subatomic Cosmonaut

Really like your work :D
    [They could be people that had been struck by "Mutant-horse-Sickness" and you (The player) have to find or brew a cure]
    :p

4. MoonyJello

MoonyJello Existential Complex

I'd piss myself if I saw one of those running at me :confused:

I like it but I don't really see it fitting in with Starbound though...

5. mjimX3

mjimX3 Seal Broken

Also, it could be awesome that the legs could be crafted, like robot parts, for your characters to wears them, you know like a class of mount, making your character when you want like a centaur cyborg.

6. NinjaBoffin

NinjaBoffin Big Damn Hero

These look.. BEAUTIFUL!
    I love the idea, and seeing they can be race specific is really good!

7. Ayumi

Ayumi Pangalactic Porcupine

I think its a bit ridiculous to say its to "fantasy" and doesnt fit when we have knight armor. >_>

8. Fantasy != Medieval era.

Besides, Centuars are from greek myth.

Also Ayumi, have you heard of the Artemis Fowl series of books?

That's the only example of a sci-fi Centaur that I know of.
    Still, doesn't fit Starbound anyway.

9. Ayumi

I think you already stated that you do not believe is fits, but thank you for clarifying again just in case I forgot. Its not that just knight armor I was referring to but the thin line I believe to be between Sci-fi and Fantasy. You may not believe they are similar but I do and I rather have something that will help me improve the suggestion and not someone saying "it doesnt fit so it should be here.". Once I again I do believe it fits. Thank you everyone for giving their opinion (even if it is being restated over and over.)

Eric likes this.
  10. Hey, I only answered because it sounded like you asked.

11. Bueno

Bueno Star Wrangler

i like how they can be different races. nice work! -:badger:

12. Poe Salesman

Poe Salesman Void-Bound Voyager

I was thinking the same thing. It really would fit better for them to be like the Andalites or another sort of centaur-ish alien.

[​IMG]

13. Percival

Percival Phantasmal Quasar

I loved the crap out of that book series when I was a kid. Anyway, on topic.

Ayumi, love the pixel art, it's gorgeous. I think personally, I'd prefer something that wasn't a mix of the player races for the upper half. Something that looked like it was all one creature, rather than two different ones put together. (Basically, same coloration and patterning for upper an lower halves like the alien above) But I would love a centaur like race in the game somewhere. Definitely a cool NPC idea.

On a side note, I never have understood the claim made by so many on the forum that this, or that, or the other, "wouldn't fit in Starbound" None of us have played Starbound. None of us have seen it any real depth. None of us have seen even a fraction of what all is in the game already. The only people who actually have even the slightest clue what "fits" in the game are the devs, and they're not sharing.

14. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

Congratulations on showing me something I didn't know I wanted. :seriously:

15. DemoSama

DemoSama Orbital Explorer

I think you can skipp the different races as centaurs and just go with the "Normal" ones, we need more interesting humanoid races that do not walk on 2 legs.

16. Mukin

Mukin Scruffy Nerf-Herder

17. danpanda

danpanda Subatomic Cosmonaut

as in a medieval race of robots would be out of place right? ;p

18. !=, stands for "not equal to", since there is no way to put a line through an equals sign on a keyboard.
    The Glitch aren't out of place, because they don't incorperate magic and fantasy and the like into their culture.
    It's difficult to explain, but it's all about aesthetic.

19. Ayumi

Just because you dont agree doesnt mean your right.~

20. Percival

Percival Phantasmal Quasar

=/= or =|= are more universally understood to mean "not equal". I'd never even seen != till this particular forum