1. Thanks for visiting! These forums are for the original Risk of Rain, if you're interested in discussing the newly released Risk of Rain 2 head over to that game's steam discussion forum
    Dismiss Notice

Miner v Commando

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by joey4track, May 5, 2013.

1. Bewinged

Bewinged Poptop Tamer

Still trying to figure out miner, Commando definitely seems to be easier to just pick up and play, atleast to me.

• ZangooseSlash

ZangooseSlash Black Hole Surfer

I like commando a lot more. The miner just doesn't do enough damage.

• Beardtastic

Beardtastic Master Chief

Commando, all the way across the sky.

• Mianso

Mianso Black Hole Surfer

Whenever I play miner in the demo I get grinded by greater whisps. With the commando you can simply spam suppressing fire and get in a better position,but with the miner's close range it's nearly impossible to get close enough without getting harmed.

• Shrooblord

Shrooblord Void-Bound Voyager

I have yet to learn how to play with the Miner. I almost instantly get killed when I choose him - but I do choose him, because he seems to be interesting enough to at least get to know better than that insta-Game Over-guy. :p

Draken09 likes this.
            • Draken09

Draken09 Black Hole Surfer

Yeah, it took me a little while to get the hang on the dodges/rolls/whateverthey'recalled.

• Restarter000

Restarter000 Intergalactic Tourist

I like the Commando, but the sheer amount of invincibility frames once you get the hang of it you can last forever.

• pitfall

pitfall Big Damn Hero

The first time I played the miner, I thought he was severely underpowered compared to the commando. I just recently got done with a game that lasted some half an hour, and I ended with over 1200 health in total and somewhere along the lines of level "I see you." He's a lot of fun, and his mobility makes him extremely powerful against, well, everything. Early game is a bit difficult, but if you use attacks to dodge enemies, it isn't too hard to get rid of everything else. Also, the foreign fruit is a must-have.
                  Late game, he becomes a god, not something I could achieve with the commando.

Draken09 likes this.
                  • Passarbye

Passarbye Phantasmal Quasar

i like the commando, but it would be nice if there were a character that had both melee and ranged attacks.
                    i see more character slots, so i'm guessing the devs aren't done putting more in yet.