Xylia
Last Activity:
May 27, 2021
Mods:

Share This Page

Xylia

Tiy's Beard

So... Trials of Mana is ridiculously awesome. Very nicely done game, had a blast with it thusfar! Apr 26, 2020

Xylia was last seen:
May 27, 2021
    1. Xylia
      Xylia
      So... Trials of Mana is ridiculously awesome. Very nicely done game, had a blast with it thusfar!
    2. Niphim Das Victara
      Niphim Das Victara
      Avali: WEEEEEEEEEEEH!!!
      1. View previous comments...
      2. Niphim Das Victara
        Niphim Das Victara
        Yeah looking forward to it, hopefully it'll be soon! Though I don't really count on it.
        Oct 25, 2018
      3. Xylia
        Xylia
        Yeah definitely don't hold your breath. No offense to CF meant, but... these things often take quite a bit of time.
        Oct 25, 2018
      4. Niphim Das Victara
        Niphim Das Victara
        Yeah I mean it does, theres no denying it sadly. Usually worth the wait.
        Oct 25, 2018
    3. Sugar-Fable
      Sugar-Fable
      Can I ask who drew your avatar?
      1. Xylia
        Xylia
        The avatar is cropped from a larger image, though I can't actually link it here. It's from a_blue_deer over on FA.
        Oct 9, 2018
        Sugar-Fable likes this.
    4. Xylia
      Xylia
      [SDV] Huh. I never knew you could click the leaves on the title screen to spawn junimos...
      1. AuroraSnowfall
        AuroraSnowfall
        you even could click on "E" character in logo
        Feb 24, 2019
    5. Xylia
      Xylia
      1. Cryptoid and MilkCalf like this.
    6. Xylia
      Xylia
      Yay! Just ordered a 32inch 1080p TV to use as a monitor (compared to the old 27inch 720p). Maybe now SB won't be such a pain to play.
      1. Roskii Heiral likes this.
      2. Xylia
        Xylia
        So as an update, I don't understand why, but TVs seem to hate HDMI inputs from PCs... I spent all week fiddling with settings over and over again trying to get it look half decent. Gave up and bought a DVI-D -> Dsub cable and in 2 seconds, perfect clarify and color.
        Jun 18, 2018
    7. Sparklink
      Sparklink
      I noticed in the Starbound blog you mentioned " I was never good at art". I have been doing Starbound art for about 18 months now and I have become fairly good at it (at least in my opinion.) I enjoy practicing my skills by taking commissions every now and again. You seem like you are good at the coding part of modding, I think we could make great mod. If you are ever interested just send me a private message.
      1. Xylia
        Xylia
        Well, I have an intermediate knowledge of JSON and the basics behind what JSONs to put where, and could probably teach myself further if I had some sort of direction/need to do so. I know absolutely nothing about LUA, though... but it Does look similar to C/PERL in syntax from what I could tell.
        May 17, 2018
      2. Sparklink
        Sparklink
        I am pretty much the same with LUA. The most I have ever done is create a few status conditions. If you ever decide to learn LUA in the future and need an artist, I am willing to help.
        May 17, 2018
      3. Xylia
        Xylia
        *nodnods* I'll keep that in mind! have a rather full schedule lately but that could lighten up, so we'll see how it goes.
        May 17, 2018
        Sparklink likes this.
    8. Xylia
      Xylia
      Good Guy @ConcernedApe fixes bug dealing with a 3rd Party Mod while simultaneously bugfixing the official BETA. Dunno anybody who does that!
      1. Xylia
        Xylia
        Most developers would go "3rd party mods... not my problem". Kudos to CA and anybody else helping out! I don't use SMAPI myself, but it's nice to hear of more consumer-friendly practices like these.
        May 2, 2018
    9. Sparklink
      Sparklink
      What you have listed about NASCAR (underneath) is really astonishing. I always knew that they burned fuel like it is nothing, but I never imagined that is was on that grand a scale. I never watched NASCAR races, but I have always been fascinated by the engineering that must go into making such a vehicle.
      1. Waffle-Chan likes this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. Xylia
        Xylia
        So, after finding this out, I'm like "hey, I'm not the one that sits down in front of my TV to watch 40 people burn enough fuel to drive me to work for 24 years." lol. They wanna talk about Carbon Footprints, well... there you go. hehe.
        Apr 4, 2018
      4. Xylia
        Xylia
        And it's just not NASCAR either, let's not be unfair here. Ever seen tractorpulling shows? They get these monster tractors and you see this thick black smoke erupting out of the exhaust... can only wonder how much fuel they burn trying to drag-race tractors while hauling 30k+ lbs of weight.
        Apr 4, 2018
      5. Xylia
        Xylia
        Though I will admit I've a mild amount of humor for tractorpulling fail videos where some guy will take a multi-million dollar machine and *literally!!* blow the engine right out of the tractor, and basically flush millions of dollars down the toilet. A total waste of resources, but meh. Somebody's losing a Lot of money over it.
        Apr 4, 2018
    10. Xylia
      Xylia
      I never knew how much of a ridiculous waste of fuel NASCAR really is. So, let's have some factoids! (cont)
      1. MilkCalf likes this.
      3. Xylia
        Xylia
        Solar panels take a few years to get ROI, and of course once you do get ROI then it's awesome, but until then you're waiting to break even. Also, many power grids across the world are built on outdated technology and few want to do sweeping overhauls of their power grids (cont)
        Apr 17, 2018
      4. Xylia
        Xylia
        ... and care needs to be taken when you do use solar in conjuction with conventional power, because you're just not going to be able to run a household on solar alone. Solar definitely has its uses, but it has drawbacks and limitations.
        Apr 17, 2018
      5. Xylia
        Xylia
        But again... like I said, constructing millions of dollars worth of solar arrays in the desert and trying to keep them all maintained is not like shutting down NASCAR, tractorpulling, etc.
        Apr 17, 2018
    11. Xylia
      Xylia
      "Another one bites the dust". That's my thoughts after learning Lindsey Vonn failed spectacularly. Karma at its finest.
      1. Xylia
        Xylia
        Any other Athletes want to act like unprofessional and unsportsmanlike jerks, bringing their political BS to a place where it very much does not belong?
        Feb 18, 2018
    12. Xylia
      Xylia
      So I started a new FO3 playthrough a few days ago. Don't remember it being this flippin' difficult.
      1. The Purple Dragon likes this.
      3. Xylia
        Xylia
        Better repairs means your stuff functions better, sneak lets you fight less crap (and start the battle with a huge damage bonus), and medicine means using less stims to stay alive. And Sm Guns... while they do less damage than other stuff, the ammo is more plentiful.
        Feb 11, 2018
        The Purple Dragon likes this.
      4. The Purple Dragon
        The Purple Dragon
        The most ammo I ever managed to have at one time was directly after robbing the Silver Rush. Fun times...
        Feb 12, 2018
      5. Xylia
        Xylia
        That's FO:NV, not FO3 lol. In FO3, about the best you can do is find&fix a bunch of guns and sell them, and then buy the ammo they got. Which I just did, and now things are looking up. Finally got enough resources to raid the national guard depot and now 3-4 of my skills are almost maxed out. Finally starting to actually do some damage.
        Feb 12, 2018
        The Purple Dragon likes this.
    13. The Purple Dragon
      The Purple Dragon
      Boop the dragon snoot
      1. MilkCalf likes this.
      2. Xylia
        Xylia
        Mmh? Not very many of us around, or at least none that use dragon avatars. There's a few but not many.
        Nov 3, 2017
        MilkCalf and The Purple Dragon like this.
      3. The Purple Dragon
        The Purple Dragon
        True enough, I suppose.
        *boop*
        Nov 3, 2017
        MilkCalf likes this.
      4. MilkCalf
        MilkCalf
        *also boops*
        Nov 3, 2017
    14. Xylia
      Xylia
      So, I just built a $500 Ryzen3 tower and it blows my 5-year old $900 tower out of the water, which was already stronger than a PS4.
      1. MilkCalf and lazarus78 like this.
      3. VasVadum
        VasVadum
        I use a laptop, so mine is much more expensive. :P I think it was $1800. I used a 3 year payment plan though so it was very low impact on my income.

Most people however, assume they need quad SLI Titans with 2 kilowatt power supplies in order to have a real gaming machine, thats why they think computers are expensive. They don't understand that you don't need 16k super gaming with 12x monitors to enjoy a game. :P
        Aug 17, 2017
      4. Ibrahym
        Ibrahym
        but but
        i just sold my 210$ Laptop and bought another 215$ laptop
        Aug 21, 2017
      5. VasVadum
        VasVadum
        My previous laptop was 4 years old and I sold it for almost half of what I paid for it. :P $450 which included the shipping costs.
        Aug 21, 2017
    15. Xylia
      Xylia
      A little tip for people struggling with Mech Combat: Grab a NES Emulator and get Solar Jetman. (cont)
      1. Xylia
        Xylia
        After a bit of practice, you should blow through Mech content in SB like a champ, lol.
        Jun 9, 2017
    16. Xylia
      Xylia
      HIGHLY recommend Blaster Master Zero for 3DS (or Switch if you don't have a 3DS) in the eShop. (cont)
      1. Waffle-Chan and Firebird Zoom like this.
      3. Waffle-Chan
        Waffle-Chan
        Also she might be bisexual. You can get the lipstick as either Curly or Quote
        Jun 1, 2017
      4. Xylia
        Xylia
        I think that's more of a side-effect of the mod that they used to make Curly a playable character, but you could see it that way I suppose. It seems like it fits Chako's character.
        Jun 1, 2017
        Waffle-Chan likes this.
      5. Waffle-Chan
        Waffle-Chan
        Yeah, like I said "I guess it's all up to interpretation"
        Jun 1, 2017
    17. Xylia
      Xylia
      Pixel Privateers is a rather cool game. It's also a strange mashup of genres/mechanics I'm not sure has ever been done before.
      1. Firebird Zoom likes this.
      3. Megumin
        Megumin
        i just bored after 10 mins of playing this game
        starbound is better but laggy like snail sht
        Feb 22, 2017
      4. Xylia
        Xylia
        Yes, there are times I've almost fallen asleep waiting for Starbound to load up. Of course me using FU doesn't help any, lol. But seriously, no game should take ~5 minutes to load to the title screen. Ah well, good things are worth the wait.
        Feb 22, 2017
        Firebird Zoom likes this.
      5. Megumin
        Megumin
        2 more minutes...
        Feb 22, 2017
    18. Xylia
      Xylia
      A Starbound update? Wut? There's no news about it or anything... weird.
      1. Firebird Zoom likes this.
      2. Iris Blanche
        Iris Blanche
        Probably the VC redist 2k15 update. Steam is pushing lots of these updates to several games atm.
        Feb 22, 2017
      3. Xylia
        Xylia
        Yeah I saw that a bit after this post. I really wish Valve would stop that crap. We DON'T need those files if a game is already installed. What about that can't they understand?
        Feb 22, 2017
    19. Megumin
      Megumin
      Cosmos Killer? can i require one kill for Jetstream and their penguins?
      1. Xylia likes this.
      3. Megumin
        Megumin
        we need rebels for this
        Feb 20, 2017
      4. Xylia
        Xylia
        Meh. If we just wait, it'll die out eventually. People will get bored and choose something else to meme about instead.
        Feb 20, 2017
        Firebird Zoom and Megumin like this.
      5. Megumin
        Megumin
        i hope so... Omnir started same thing xD
        Feb 20, 2017
    20. Xylia
      Xylia
      Ugh. Why do new headphones make you feel like you are placing your head in a vise?
      1. Charlatan
        Charlatan
        and then it passes away and gets comfortable without you noticing the change? :P
        Feb 14, 2017
      2. Kaede Grimwater
        Kaede Grimwater
        @Xylia I know the feeling.

@Charlatan My Turtle Beach headset never really got comfortable.
        Feb 17, 2017
      3. Xylia
        Xylia
        I have a pair of turtle beach headphones and yeah, those things... ick. That and it sounds like the source of the sound is 50 feet away from your ears, it's hollow.
        Feb 17, 2017