1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

A.V.I.A.N. Avian Core

Artificial Visual Intelligent Assistance Network

1. Dekrosna
    Dekrosna
    5/5,
    Version: Zip was right all along
    I love this mod. A whole lot better than the default S.A.I.L. (who talks to a crystal anyways?) not to sound weird but she is cute, though she does tend to sound condescending at times, which is a good thing to be honest. 100/10 and I would recommend this to be put into a mod pack. Good job on it.
  2. SmaugTheDragon
    SmaugTheDragon
    5/5,
    Hands down better than the default SAI's
  3. SourMonkey
    SourMonkey
    5/5,
    Better than talking to a crystal (TM)
  4. tweedybird
    tweedybird
    5/5,
    lol seem great
  5. zombieking30
    zombieking30
    5/5,
    11/10
    I like how she (he?) has her (his?) own personality.
  6. Medicat
    Medicat
    5/5,
    10/10

Default Ship AI sucks.

This one is much better, and makes it not so lonely on the ship
  7. Mistpony
    Mistpony
    5/5,
    Good work!!!!!
  8. NeuRazgriz
    NeuRazgriz
    5/5,
    This is amazing. I hope the creator of this mod will also make custom AI for the other races,such as hylotl,floran..
    I also want this mod included in the main game.
    5/5 Good Job M8 - IGN(orants.)
    1. Cgeta
      Author's Response
      I really wish I had the time to make a version for every race >.<

I could probably make much simpler versions though, more like the original ones, but still somewhat more detailed.

But if I did complex AI's like A.V.I.A.N. for every race, with the little time I have, I'd probably need half a year, lol
  9. HeroOfFire45
    HeroOfFire45
    5/5,
    This is a great mod! Just one problem: I personally think the mod should include A.I.s for all races. Like a F.L.O.R.A.N. A.I. I mainly play as Florans o I think it would be great to have variety in the A.I., not just a bird. Please consider it. Other than that, I'd TOTALLY reccommend it.
  10. STRICKER_HERO
    STRICKER_HERO
    4/5,
    I It Awsome I wish create another to other races too :D
  11. Creacube
    Creacube
    4/5,
    Almost perfect. ALMOST! The only thing missing would be coding the mode .patch style and be able to chose on which race we want to put the Avian AI.
    1. Cgeta
      Author's Response
      YUS!
      That's my plan for what I want to do next. If I get to it >.<
  12. HoaxRumors
    HoaxRumors
    5/5,
    I found AVIAN just before the Upbeat Giraffe update, and were it not for the devs tweeting that they were pushing UG in the next day or two, I honestly was going to download Unstable just to try it. She's got great personality, and I honestly would love to see further updates to the game down the line allowing more interaction with the ship AI purely so as to give me more excuses to visit the quest console. Love the mod. Would like to see more along this vein for the other races, too, not just Avians. ...I may also be planning to create a mod that allows the player to craft a "Ship AI Interface" object to place in the world allowing the player to interact with the tech/printer/AI dialogue box from planetside because of this mod, if there isn't one already.
  13. Omega68nova
    Omega68nova
    5/5,
    Wonderfull , no more could be said.
  14. Pinkbat5
    Pinkbat5
    5/5,
    This is awesome. I love it!
  15. Panyang
    Panyang
    5/5,
    This is god damn adorable. I'll make avian character right now.
  16. Snow209
    Snow209
    5/5,
    Great mod and works with the new stable just fine. One thing, this mod doesn't work well with custom races due to the flickering of the AI screen when it talks, that shows the original AI and a crash if you click on a mission, like the main quest. Custom races work fine when Avian is taken out. Other then that, this mod is perfect, hopefully there will be a race specific AI for the others. This mod brings good times.
    1. Cgeta
      Author's Response
      Yeah, making it compatible with things like custom races should've been done long ago by me. But life keeps throwing issues in my face >.<
      I hope I will be able to focus on that next week.
  17. Lunamarel
    Lunamarel
    5/5,
    This mod has filled a need I never even thought about before i found it. I find the default AI avatar kind of boring, but with this mod I'm nothing but happy with my ship overall.
  18. TheSpiderDungeon
    TheSpiderDungeon
    5/5,
    You have no idea how much I love this mod. I don't know why either, I just do.
  19. Tihimoto
    Tihimoto
    5/5,
    Very cute *q*
  20. DeviantXS
    DeviantXS
    5/5,
    Simply amazing, thanks! I wish this was in the main game.