1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

A.V.I.A.N. Avian Core

Artificial Visual Intelligent Assistance Network

1. popmannn
    popmannn
    5/5,
    Version: Thissiteacceptsitagain
    I have a deep love for quirky sarcastic AI's with a sense of humor. And having such an expressive one to replace SAIL was a necessity i didn't know I needed. I can't recommend this mod enough.
  2. seifer109
    seifer109
    5/5,
    an excellent mod
  3. CoyB
    CoyB
    5/5,
    Awesome! Very good job! Thansk
  4. darksickle39
    darksickle39
    5/5,
    great mod but cant figure out how to use it at all can someone help?
  5. jajoe98
    jajoe98
    5/5,
    Love this mod! Definitely the best A.I. mod I've seen. Only thing i can think to recommend is for you to make her useable with the Kineptic race if you can. =D
    1. Cgeta
  6. NeuRazgriz
    NeuRazgriz
    5/5,
    One of the Best Starbound's mods. I really hope that this will be added in the game itself
  7. Dragon_Tom005
    Dragon_Tom005
    5/5,
    This has got to be the most... Hilarious, adorable, smartest, most-programmed A.I. Mod I've seen anyone work on. I love it. I really love it. Nice work.
  8. Delos-X
    Delos-X
    5/5,
    Great AI! I really like her personality and how it's expressed through her animation; speaking of animation though, the previews you made in the post are a nice speed but they seem to be sped up in-game. I tried to find where you control the animation speed but I haven't gone into starbound modding much so I don't know where it's located. If you can decrease the speed, that'd be really nice as she looks quite hyperactive in-game.
    1. Cgeta
      Author's Response
      Ooh, yeah, now that I compare it with the gif version here, it really is pretty fast.
      I can't remember very well, but when I initially created the mod, and tweaked the animation speeds, I also considered the text lengths and speeds.
      The problem is that once the text is done appearing, the AI reverts to the default idle animation. So, if she wasn't very fast, her animations would usually end before looping even once.

They can be changed fairly easily in the 'ai.config.patch'-file though. It is located in the ai folder in the BASE folder. Named "animationCycle" which is set mostly at 5.0 except for the idle animation. I forgot how much the values have to be changed to get the desired result though.

Maybe I'll tweak them a little in the next version. I could aswell slow down the text speed, which I increased as the default speed felt a bit slow to me.
  9. Shadow Wolf TJC
    Shadow Wolf TJC
    5/5,
    Now this is a fine example of how certain parts of Starbound can be improved well beyond what Chucklefish has done so far. While I may have little interest in A.I. mods in general, A.V.I.A.N. is probably the most entertaining A.I. I've ever seen. She's sassy, she's very rich in animations, and she's an inspiration to any other A.I. modders out there.

By the way, have you thought about giving A.V.I.A.N. specific comments on specific races, such as not being able to install the hidden microphones and security cameras while upgrading an Apex player's ship due to a missing communication code with the Miniknog, telling Avian players not to ask where A.V.I.A.N. got the crystals needed to upgrade the ship, or commenting on the Floran player's makeshift wreck of a ship, including the installation of a greenhouse.

Also, perhaps you might be interested in doing other quirky A.I.'s like A.V.I.A.N.? For example, I could picture F.L.O.R.A.N. as a sadistic, airheaded party animal with an interest in death metal, monster truck rallies, "professional" wrestling, etc., or H.Y.L.O.T.L. as a moe, overly-cheerful, eccentric MPDG-type character (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manic_Pixie_Dream_Girl) with an obsessive love interest for the player, including some yandere qualities. Also, perhaps A.P.E.X. could be a mad scientist type with an unhealthy interest in discovery, G.L.I.T.C.H. could be a snobby, well-mannered elitist lady, and H.U.M.A.N. could be a disinterested bookworm with geeky glasses?
    1. Cgeta
      Author's Response
      Ooh, I like that idea with custom texts for every race! Maybe I'll do that sometime :D

And I have been pondering about making A.I's for all races, but that would be a LOT of work. One idea was that I could just make them a lot simpler than A.V.I.A.N., but still more detailed than the default A.I.'s
  10. DaedricShadow
    DaedricShadow
    5/5,
    Cute character! I love the emotive animations. I wish there was a way to add more RPG-style dialogue to chat and talk with her. I'd love to see all of your animations put at work.
  11. Rex Blackbeak
    Rex Blackbeak
    3/5,
    Version: Zip was right all along
    Doesn't Work On Demon Race And Ningen But Still Cool
  12. greenRAM
    greenRAM
    5/5,
    This AI mod sets the standard of what the development team should work to create. Incredible work.
  13. Patople
    Patople
    5/5,
    Really funny AI 5/5
  14. Khuur
    Khuur
    5/5,
    Good animations, fun personality.
  15. Gonzoro
    Gonzoro
    5/5,
    She is cute.
  16. LieutenantLamb
    LieutenantLamb
    5/5,
    She's the best friend an Adventurer can have!
  17. marksis
    marksis
    4/5,
    An Interesting mod definitely brings the ships to life, unlike the default AI. definitely worth a download.
  18. MoonToxin
    MoonToxin
    5/5,
    Cutest AI~
  19. Rainbow DashIndeed
    Rainbow DashIndeed
    5/5,
    I love this mod, like Who talks to the crystal S.A.I.L?
  20. domcing
    domcing
    4/5,
    I encounter some minor bugs, but otherwise this mod is stellar! (no pun intended)