1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Active Stealth Module v1.62 (p1.2)

A person/plant/fish/etc-portable active cloaking system.

Tags:
  1. Feniter
    Feniter
    4/5,
    Version: v1.62 (p1.2)
    Its quite a good mod but we have issues on our crew member and other AI not spawning.
  2. aisenmeteor94
    aisenmeteor94
    3/5,
    cool mods btw..the only thing is i lost my crew..and only left with pixel and stuffs. not sure if other player also experiencing same issue as me..
  3. QnQ
    QnQ
    3/5,
    This disables from mobs spawning and only left there is their pixels and items. This needs to be fixed.
  4. lockclamp
    lockclamp
    5/5,
    nice mod useful to trap
  5. Aer-ink
    Aer-ink
    4/5,
    I really like the idea but im not quite sure if I should be able to reemplace the other modules for this, maybe it should be body only?
  6. Crusism
    Crusism
    5/5,
    Version: v1.62 (Cheerful Giraffe)
    YOU THERE.
    Do you want the secret of invisibility?
    Then... Take. Off. Your Clothes.

Jokes aside,
    This mod really does what it says - adding an optional stealth mechanic into the game through the use of techs that's actually quite balanced in most occasions yet feels awesome every time you use it (either for combat or for just avoiding fights entirely) and, at the same time, doesn't feel useless due to having a reasonable energy cost. Ultimately, it is truly luxurious to be invisible - especially in that this mod adds variants of the tech to suit your needs (i.e. more damage or more stealth).

To add - ironically, - this tech solves a few repetitive issues of the initial game itself - making the exploration element of the game much more bright rather than the worry of mobs poppin' at the back of your head.

With that and how this mod is,
    I wish we have more tech mods like this - new techs that add in new mechanics to the game, adding new gameplay elements beyond (like previously during the Beta of Starbound before all those tech mods went outdated or unstable).

There are only two issues with this mod that should or should not be fixed (depending on priorities):
    1. The opacity of the invisibility is too much to the point that, whenever you go invisible, your clothes are more invisible than you so you appear naked (depending on the colour of the clothes you're wearing) while having the invisible effect on you (which is funny at first you realise it but eventually gets old and makes you wish you can see your clothes).
    2. Boss fights and certain mission events reset when you go invisible midway (e.g. the boss goes back to initial position and heals back to full health and certain mission events are skipped altogether), which may or may not be annoying - depending on circumstances.

Aside from these two issues,
    I love 'Active Stealth Module' very much in that it gave me new ways to experiment and joke around in the game, which often - whenever a mod enriches my experience in Starbound aesthetically or gameplay-wise - I give a 5/5 for.

Then again,
    I usually only type reviews that I feel are worth a 5/5 - based on whether it's that 5/5 now or that it can be the 5/5 with more updates.

Anyhow, many thanks to the modder for this! =)
  7. HSneak
    HSneak
    5/5,
    Version: v1.61 (Cheerful Giraffe)
    Splinter cell 2D, what to say more ?
  8. Arthur30
    Arthur30
    5/5,
    Version: v1.61 (Cheerful Giraffe)
    Great i can finally be a gas ninja! :D
  9. lke24
    lke24
    5/5,
    Version: v1.51 (Glad Giraffe)
    Slealth Gameplay is sooo much fun Thanks for making the mod
  10. Another Kevin
    Another Kevin
    5/5,
    Version: v1.51 (Glad Giraffe)
    Unfortunately, Characters that do not look @ you ALWAYS spot you when you get to close. This mod helps a lot in sneak-ish gameplay. Thanks for creating it !
  11. Alextheman1987
    Alextheman1987
    5/5,
    Version: v1.5 (Glad Giraffe)
    Also i found a bug, when you play multiplayer and delete the mod, in your inventory you have a Psi (perfectly Generic Item) in the tech slot and i cant remove it. Please fix this bug. :D
  12. jj200275
    jj200275
    5/5,
    Excellent mod! Very well made :)
  13. Atromixx
    Atromixx
    5/5,
    Really fun mod and really well made
  14. jj200275
    jj200275
    4/5,
    Version: v1.0 (Spirited Giraffe)
    Could you update this mod for Pleased Giraffe? Whenever I attack with invisibility on, the green outline doesn't disappear.
  15. kenanthebarbarian
    kenanthebarbarian
    4/5,
    I want to give this mod 5 stars, but I encountered a bug: Every time I activate the tech, my character disappears!
    1. Wellbott
      Author's Response
      Er... more invisible than you're supposed to be?
  16. GlowMan11
    GlowMan11
    5/5,
    great mod but I cant find the quest
  17. Kamidarko
    Kamidarko
    4/5,
    Version: v0.8 (Spirited Giraffe)
    I like it, it makes planet cracking a good bit easier when I don't need to worry about smaller enemies bothering me as I mine.