1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Anti CuTe Monster Mod 0.35

Generic monsters get replaced with scarier alien versions.

1. sleepy123
    NOTE: I WILL NO LONGER UPDATE THIS MOD, SAVE SOMEONE ELSE SENDS ME THE SPRITES READY TO USE. FEEL FREE TO MODIFY IT ON YOUR OWN, UPDATE AND REUPLOAD IT. ENJOY!

Starbound's monsters are cute! You don't feel powerful by shooting a cute kitten with your double-cannon antimatter bazooka and smashing it under your power armor's boot, you feel horrible and you should be ashamed! Those poor little aliens!
    A-CT MM, or Anti-cute Monster Mod, aims to make monsters less cute and more... well, monstrous.
    I will pretty much take some sprites from other games and edit them until something cool happens. The sprites will come from the following games:

Castlevania, Metroid, Mega Man, Metal Slug, Actraiser, Demon's Crest.

No more will you feel like a space bully, but like a true galactic survivor in a truly hostile planet. I mean. The main character from Pitch black from the Riddick saga didn't need to punch a cute slime in the face, did he?

This version only includes:

-Agrobats:
    Generic bats are scary enough on their own.
    agrobat.png
    -Anglure form 1
    While it doesn't petrify, it (will eventually spit) Medusa heads. That's scary enough.
    anglure.png
    -Battongs:
    Why use zubats when you can use extradimensional demons?
    batong.png
    -Bobfae
    Not all of them need to be horrifying. Here's a cute moth.
    bobfae.png
    -Bulbops:
    They used to look friendly. Now they will jump at you like a facehugger.
    bulbop.png
    -Gleaps
    Killing one felt just wrong. Now you won't spare any firepower to destroy this walking nest of alien worms.
    gleap.png
    -Spookit
    Now spooking it for real.
    spookit.png
    -Wispers
    What was once Wisper the friendly ghost is now a truly chilling encounter.
    wisper.png
    -wisper (form 2)
    50 shades of ice spirits.
    Wisper7.png

Coming next update (As soon as I finish the spriting)

Nutmidge (big)
    This may look like a non-threatening tree, but...
    nutmidge.png

Eventually (hopefully) every single monster will be replaced with its cooler counterpart.

How to install:

Place it in your Starbound/mods folder and let the magic begin.

It's compatible with Frackin Universe's sprite variation.
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    You must get the author's consent before including this mod in a compilation.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    You must get the author's consent before altering/redistributing any assets included in this mod.

Recent Updates

1. 0.35
  2. FU compatibility

Recent Reviews

1. Multistream
    Multistream
    1/5,
    Version: 0.35
    For me it causes that i cant beam to planet - i just beam back to ship when i try
    1. sleepy123
      Author's Response
      This mod is a glorified texture replacer so that bug it's most likely not this mod's fault.
  2. JaqDraco
    JaqDraco
    5/5,
    Great Mod.
    Can't wait to see all the monster replaced. ;)
    Keep it up!
  3. varn1111
    varn1111
    5/5,
    great work mate i love your mod!