1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated Arcane Add On 1.9.02 DROPBOX

Interesting Tiered Magic, Balanced for the Game.

1. Ira0
    Ira0
    5/5,
    Version: 1.9.02 DROPBOX
    A mi me encanto pero no puedo ponerlo
  2. rocksalt
    rocksalt
    4/5,
    Besides an update being needed, the only thing that bugged me was what is classified as Geomancy and Thaumaturgy. I hope to see more than just fire under that branch. Geomancy should work more like Starbender, (Or just casting earth-related spells) since geomancy has nothing to do w/ air. (Standing on certain ground tiles and morphing gives different attacks in starbender) Other than that, the mod's great.
    1. Seterwind
      Author's Response
      Thank you, I'm glad for the feedback. I'll update it once Starbound is released. I like the idea behind the change in Earth related spells and will strive to change to something that works in a more Earth like way.
  3. kidthig
    kidthig
    5/5,
    please update this please
    1. Seterwind
      Author's Response
      I will once stable is released. It'll bee bigger and better than ever.
  4. Renjmon
    Renjmon
    4/5,
    Not bad . However , with some modifications, it is compatible or not compatible ?
    1. Seterwind
      Author's Response
      I have heard with modification it is compatible. I have not seen nor tried it myself though. Sorry I wish I could help, however the core code is well organized and should be easily made to work with the current system.
  5. ducktail
    ducktail
    5/5,
    Amazing! Really is!!!!
    1. Seterwind
      Author's Response
      Thank you very much!
  6. Sir Bananington
    Sir Bananington
    4/5,
    Pretty damn good, but whats the status on a version for upbeat giraffe?
    1. Seterwind
      Author's Response
      Waiting for final release though if anyone does a port I will happily update the main link here. Or conversely if someone needs help porting I am willing. But until version 1.0 I will be waiting to update, or more time in my personal life opens up.
  7. Sawyer_
    Sawyer_
    4/5,
    Realy good, but not for me. It is the only magic mod in starbound. I need THAUMCRAFT wtf i wrote
    1. Seterwind
      Author's Response
      Thank you... I think?
  8. search190
    search190
    5/5,
    good lol :D
    1. Seterwind
      Author's Response
      Thank you!
  9. Darveak
    Darveak
    5/5,
    Amazing Really! :D
    1. Seterwind
      Author's Response
      Thank you, I am glad you enjoy the mod.
  10. TheLordOfJoe
    TheLordOfJoe
    4/5,
    Feeling like a noob, how do I get the book? -_-
    1. Seterwind
      Author's Response
      You need to create the magic crafting table, from there you can make the book. The mod also supports Tabula Rasa for such things, it makes it easier.

Hope you enjoy the mod, and re-review once you can play it through.
  11. Deathfin
    Deathfin
    5/5,
    Loved it!!! Just one thing though, I can't figure out how to make the "enchantweapon" spell work! Other than that, this is THE MAGIC MOD and I cannot stress this enough.
    1. Seterwind
      Author's Response
      Enchant weapon will, for a time make your weapon shoot a projectile. To make this work simply cast the spell, then switch to a melee weapon.

I am very glad you enjoy the mod.
  12. Rethq
    Rethq
    5/5,
    I cant figure out the combination system, the combination scroll has just some random combinations written. most of them dont even work or casts other spells. i'm probably just being retarded. would be nice if you could help me out ^^ i'll still rate 5/5 because its a great mod and its my ''fault'' for not being able to figure it out :)
    1. Seterwind
      Author's Response
      Thank you for the five stars. So the movements are done by "Level" or Tier of the spell book. The scrolls, are sadly out of date and I have quite simply forgot to remove them.

Here is the for sure up to date list of the movement as is listed on the overview page.

Some spells simply do not work as they were never finished.

Level 1
      up (flare) | down(warmth) | left(heal) | right(magic arrow)

Level 2
      up down | down up

Level 3
      down right | right down

Level 4
      up left | left up

Level 5
      up right | right up

Level 6
      left down | down left

Level 7
      left right | right left

Level 8
      left down right | right down left

Level 9
      left up right | right up left

Level 10
      up up down down left right left right | up up
  13. rooensu
    rooensu
    5/5,
    Absolutely Amazing!! Great Idea having it tiered. Makes it very entertaining working up the ladder to get to the higher tiers!!!
    1. Seterwind
      Author's Response
      I am very glad you are enjoying it. It's great to hear people are still finding fun in my mod.
  14. Dathiris
    Dathiris
    5/5,
    Version: 1.9.02
    This mod looks like pure Shenanigans and I WANT IT!
    However, I have ONE complaint : Why the crap are you using google drive? Drives download limit takes away from peoples fun and makes this mod less assessable! Why not use some other site for this purpose?

(I'm not mad, just very, very confused...)
    1. Seterwind
      Author's Response
      I am also very confused, I have been trying to get it to go to the right dropbox link. It looks like it works now. I have NO CLUE why that was so hard, but... it seems to work now?
  15. sjotland
    sjotland
    5/5,
    Version: 1.9.02 Enraged Koala
    So, I've loved this little wonderful thing so far! Thaumaturgy is super fun!

But how do I get the level 5+ spellbooks? I can't seem to figure it out.
    1. Seterwind
      Author's Response
      Thank you for the 5 star review. As you unlock tiers in Starcraft more spell books become available. I am unsure if that is the problem or if you are looking for the essences/materials. If you still need help feel free to message me.
  16. gilyse
    gilyse
    5/5,
    I greatly enjoy this mod, however I would love a guide on how to complete it. So far I'm only at tier one, and perhaps I'm oblivious and there is a good guide out there, but all that I have managed to do at this point I've done out of blind luck and messing with the mod. The mechanics seem awesome, but it is very unexplained.
    1. Seterwind
      Author's Response
      I apologize about the poor conveyance. The overview page and discussion page have much information on how to progress through this mod.

In short, as you complete tiers in Starbound you will unlock more spell books and scrolls. To craft a spell book you need to create the scrolls for that spell book. These are made out of essences which are found by putting the random objects you find throughout the game into the Magic Essence Extractor.

The point of the mod is to go hunting for objects to create your spells and spell books to unlock more spells and devastating powers.

To see how you cast the spells the full list is on the Overview.
  17. luka0611
    luka0611
    5/5,
    ITS AWESOME BUT... i cant get uncommon essence from glitch bowls
    1. Seterwind
      Author's Response
      Thank you for the review. It's very appreciated! There are many other items to get uncommon essence from, sorry if some reports are incorrect.
  18. Starface12345
    Starface12345
    5/5,
    Awesome mod, only problems I've had so far have been that hitting F doesn't work sometimes and that you can't collect restoration bubbles while in your ship, love the mod, can't wait for updates!
    1. Seterwind
      Author's Response
      Thank you very much,we'll see what the next stable brings and what we can do with the mod.
  19. Mannofaction
    Mannofaction
    5/5,
    just amazining
    1. Seterwind
      Author's Response
      Thank you, I am glad you enjoyed it. I had a lot of fun making the mod and await an update from Chucklefish so that I have the opportunity to finish it.
  20. Diadomjhosyd
    Diadomjhosyd
    5/5,
    awesome mod! thanks for creating such an interesting aspect to the game!
    1. Seterwind
      Author's Response
      Thank you for the kind review. I am glad you enjoy the mod.