1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated Arcane Add On 1.9.02 DROPBOX

Interesting Tiered Magic, Balanced for the Game.

1. Bug Fixes Already

Seterwind
    Hey everyone we got some bug fixes on this one.
    Fixed Disintigrate and Universal 4 not showing up.
    Fixed some text and spells that were lacking on universal.
    Fixed glide on universal.
    Fixed Teleport to surface on servers when ping was greater than 300ms.
    Fixed create water.

Nothing huge but makes game play smoother.
    Freyon, dawnstorme and maronilink like this.
  2. THE BIG UPDATE THAT TOOK ALMOST A MONTH

Seterwind
    Please see main page, they took me an hour and a half to write.
  3. Lots of fixes! Wizard Hats, Back items and Ice Wall

Seterwind
    Ice wall still kind of buggy (press left left to activate with a level 5 book or higher).

Wizard hats and back items for everyone :D

Teleport to surface works faster, but can't avoid lava due to the code to detect liquid being boinked (from the Starbound Engine end not mine).

I'm sure there are other fixes in this update... lots. Just need to keep a better log. Next update will be another little one, then a big one. Split up of spell books and 85% of spells complete.

Scrolls have been...
    Freyon likes this.
  4. This is the update that would have an armor tech, IF I KNEW HOW TO MAKE ONE =(

Seterwind
    But it has many other wonderful things like making the mod useable again. Lots of behind the scenes work again, to ensure that we can start getting out those new spells. You will notice a low energy, when low on energy, and not visable when trying to cast line of sight spells. Also cooldown actually saying cooldown, kind of cool eh?

Black Hole and Gale work as intended now. 1 last spell to fix (Arcane Eye) and then on to the new ones.

We are also trying out some new math for energy cost....
    Idhrun likes this.
  5. SOOOO MANY BUG FIXES

Seterwind
    Alright offical patch fixing all the fireblast blue fire bugs. Fixed data structure, seriously no more fizzles unless your out of mana, or on cool down.

Fixed lots of things that shouldn't be able to be extracted, fixed extractor not appearing outside of tabula rasa.

Gale now works, not pretty but will get nicer as we update.
    Capitainetim and RViper like this.
  6. NEW EXPLORATION BASED RECIPES! FRUSTRATION REDUCED 98%

Seterwind
    SCROLLS DO NOT WORK! THEY ARE FOR CRAFTING BOOK PURPOSES ONLY! THEY WILL BE MADE TO WORK NEXT UPDATE!

Completely new way to create spell books. There is now a magic extractor, you can craft it in the enchanting table. Use it to extract magic essences from objects/furniture you find while exploring. Use essences to make scrolls. When you have 2 of each scroll required for the book you can craft the book.

There is now smoother use of spells, fizzle is a thing of...
    Sern and julz19 like this.
  7. New Spells, Better Balance, Tired Programmers, Couple of Bugs and not so smooth, BUT IT'S OUT!

Seterwind
    Hi, yeah, wow I'm tired. Took all week of me and Scarlet working on this. Lots in this update, tons of things. Will post better update notes when I fix bugs that will be doubtlessly reported.

But it's 2 minutes to midnight (EST), and we made our deadline.
  8. New Buff Spells, Buff NPCs and Pets! New Fireball and Regeneration levels with!

Seterwind
    Hi, so we changed how buffs work, got loads of complaints about not wanting to buff certain players and wanting to be able to buff your NPCs, and various things. Welcome to buff bubbles. Touch and get buff.

Also regeneration now levels with you! Yay! So that is now first level.

Also fireball now is a click and line of sight. If you do not have a clear path you cannot summon the fireball projectile.

Recipes have been made easier, for teir 2 and 8.

Some minor balance and bug...
    Ellary, Magikat and ssjkontra like this.
  9. Fixed Bugs, Persistent Spell now Default, Fixed Spells

Seterwind
    I fixed spark, fizzle happening all the time with persistent spell on, fixed summons with custom races, fixed shield to not enhance power by 3750%...umm.. lots of other fixes...

As always feel free to post more bugs :D
    winterbraid likes this.
  10. New Damage Balance, Balanced Buffs, Persistent Spell Option and minor bug fixes.

Seterwind
    Hi Everyone!

Wow a week worth of intense feedback does wonders for the mod. So First up the damage balance I have been promising. As we all know the spells are very one shoty and over powered compared to the regular weapons. An awesome person named Scarlet Terror has come up with a far better formula for damage and even went through the trouble of editing all the code and making it work. Thank you Scarlet Terror.

The Buffs and...