1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Arsenalbound - Indix race mod 1.7

Adds a data ghost race, the Indix.

1. rooki1
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Adds a new data ghost race, the indix.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Naturally nervous and paranoid, the Indix are a vestige of an ancient time. The Indix, originally data backups of a forgotten race's consciousness patterns, were at first merely data, quantum threads stored away for retrieval later within a massive data storage unit collectively referred to by the Indix as the "Vault". However, after literal eons awaiting a master that would never return, the Vault's "Central Arrangement System", CAS for short, ran diagnostics that discovered--though the artificial planet was extremely well built--simply managing all of the stored data would not be enough to continue it's original objective, to preserve its currently unconscious residents.

[​IMG]

At first, this started as simple data corruption, causing the loss of personality files. The Vault' CAS responded to the situation by copying it's original data files and creating it's own race, the result being a humanoid form consisting of entirely light and nearly invisible to the naked eye. Due to the personality corruption the first few generations weren't incredibly friendly, nor were they capable of interacting with physical matter. Over time, millions of generations continued to be formed, the inhabitants of the Vault, the remnants of a forgotten race became an entirely new entity, separated from their predecessors. The Indix were born.

[​IMG]

Despite the CAS' new achievements during this period--namely the first Indix body, composed of weaved data, small electromagnetic fields and pure light energy bound together to form a humanoid shape, similar to their quote-on-quote relatives--and of great technological advancement--normally referred to as the "metamorphosis" by the Index as this is the time they associate with the birth of their race--the CAS still had not accomplished its objective. A new problem had arisen, the physical structure of the Vault itself had begun to deteriorate, demanding more extreme solutions, projects and some serious construction. The Vault began to export its newly formed Indix into the material world.

[​IMG]

These few brave souls, code-named the "Collectors" had been completely materialized, no longer limited to interacting through a network--though they are still rather translucent and composed of pure data. After designing their own spacecraft the Collectors were capable of leaving the Vault and venturing into deep space. Most would leave and soon return with frightening tales of what the universe was like on the outside of the Vault. Others would venture out only to return occasionally when they were needed because they enjoyed the simple frontier life. Some were confused by their rather recent creation, constantly wondering what they acually were, they never returned in hopes of finding their true self among the stars.

[​IMG]

Initially, the Indix themselves were a myth, passed between Novakids and some other races due to their naturally ghost-like appearance. The various species of the galaxy have responded to their possible presence in a variety of ways, the most extreme being the Apex's attempts to capture and experiment with them. The Indix have all responded differently but the encounter normally with the Index ignoring them or simply running away, this is mostly due to the Indix having a lack of understanding and no formal language--in fact until the CAS implemented an actual meme translator, they communicated via quantum entanglement. Of course, constant contact with other races brought about change in an Indixians way of life. Over time, some Indix had a strange fascination with the universe around them. Eventually some would even join the Earth's Protectorate Academy to become a Protector. Other previous Collectors became bounty hunters or founded small Indix colonies.

[​IMG]

Indix are usually considered an eccentric and antisocial race, largely due to their natural nervousness and the defensive or paranoid attitude of Collectors. Most Indix see the material as pure chaos and enjoy their anti-social communities. Most feel extreme pressure and stress when in contact with others and generally avoid other living things. The few Indix who have become notorious throughout the universe are generally known for their cynical attitudes and twisted sense of humor.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

-Full tiered armor sets
    -Custom ship
    -Custom tiered weapons(Aegisalt: Pulsar, Violium: Quill blades, Ferozium: Disassembler)
    -Unique level 6 weapons
    -Custom S.A.I.L
    -Custom mech set
    -Custom pets
    -Custom name sets
    -Custom respawn animation

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

More apparels
    Custom crafting tables and furnitures

Help-wanted: English is not my first language. So I need someone to check ingame text.

Steam version: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1114822742
    Dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/s/cmbx1jnqm1dyv7u/Arsenalbound - Indix.zip?dl=0

Mod Pack Permissions:
    Anyone can use this mod in their mod compilation without the author's consent.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    You must get the author's consent before altering/redistributing any assets included in this mod.
    Cryptoid, J_Verdad, Alex913 and 3 others like this.

Recent Updates

1. 1.7 update
  2. 1.61 update
  3. 1.6 update

Recent Reviews

1. Hawkman397
    Hawkman397
    3/5,
    Version: 1.7
    The mod looks cool, but every time I try to run the game with it installed, it crashes after the chucklefish logo
  2. Shooterguy1220
    Shooterguy1220
    4/5,
    OK first things first. I love the design and lore of the indix. They fit in the universe and are a nice change from the happy go lucky attitudes of some other races. Their ships,armor and block design is awesome. My one issue was with their range weapons. Even with full tier armor you could only get off a few shots before having to recharge. Normally I would be fine with this if the damage reflected it. I don't know maybe the novakid and avali weapons gave me a false sense of what the range weapons should be like. But other than that the indix are a Solid race and I plan on keeping them around in my universe.
  3. sebastian gamer
    sebastian gamer
    3/5,
    is compatible with FU?
  4. ZeroRing
    ZeroRing
    5/5,
    Version: 1.61
    Looks awesome but sadly, doesn't work for me (version 1.3) could you please tell me wich version is it for?
    (it basically crashes my game on startup)
  5. HazamaTaki
    HazamaTaki
    5/5,
    Version: 1.61
    Very nice, I look forward for new mods and updates
  6. Husariu112
    Husariu112
    5/5,
    Version: 1.6
    Pretty good mod,the lore is amazing!
  7. LoreKeeper_Ronan
    LoreKeeper_Ronan
    5/5,
    Version: 1.6
    To give my thoughts on this mod, it's really good, really well polished, and certainly fun to play with, personally love the Indix for their Aesthetics, while the Lastree for their Mag-Tech weapons, but I'm going off a tangent here. As for the in-game text, they're pretty good, with one or two issues in grammar I could think of, but most of them are just lacking punctuation. I'd love to help if I find the time.
  8. 7ucky
    7ucky
    5/5,
    Version: 1.581
    Simply gorgeous mod. I recommend to all. 6/5
  9. Twisted_Ai
    Twisted_Ai
    5/5,
    Version: 1.55
    Excellent race, another wonderful playthorugh with another aestheticly pleasing race
  10. Testamentexe
    Testamentexe
    5/5,
    Version: 1.54
    Used this mod when (and still is) on steam, little lacking in the "overhaul" feeling but makes up for it's unique outfits and weaponry. The backstory is wonderfully crafted too but isn't very well established in the universe (Maybe in a later update the dev would make missions to compensate for that). Would give a 4.5/5 stars since it doesn't come with furnishing but I really love the outfits