1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Asteroid Gravity 2017-09-23

Asteroid Bases are back.

1. bk3k
    This won't affect previously generated Asteroid fields
    Somehow I thought such a mod already existed, but someone pointed out it didn't so I made it. Asteroid fields will naturally have some gravity. So asteroid bases/colonies are once again plausible, at the cost of a little realism.

*This should be compatible with anything. Yes that means FU, other asteroid mods, and anything else.

*Mechs cannot fly when gravity is present unless you have some mod that changes this fact. Therefore mechs are near useless in an asteroid field with gravity. Yet you still have to beam down in them, but can exit them soon after if you wish. I haven't yet looked to see what it would take to let you beam normally, but this is a minor problem IMO.

*Without using this mod, anyone with admin privileges can use
    Code:
    /setgravity 15
    etc but that only affects the player, rather than the world itself. Thus NPCs etc won't have gravity this way. With this mod, they will because this mod affects the asteroid generation itself.

*The gravity will be fairly low. From 10 to 19. For reference - a standard vanilla world (without a variable planet mod of some sort) will have 80 gravity.

*Environmental Protection mod can't change gravity levels in a naturally 0G environment (because of some core engine shenanigans apparently), but it should work again in combination with this mod. Although that's presently untested.

The Steam Workshop version is here.

Please ask questions or report problems in the discussion tab. That goes for any mod actually. I'll be glad to help you there. Suggestions would also be better placed there.
    The reviews are for rating the mod itself so that other Starbound players might know if the mod is worth their time or not.
    The reviews/ratings don't actually affect me, but please be considerate of your fellow Starbound players by only posting reviews that serve this purpose. Thank you.
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    Anyone can use this mod in their mod compilation without the author's consent.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    Anyone can alter/redistribute the mod's assets without the author's consent.

Recent Reviews

1. rare_candy_bracelet
    rare_candy_bracelet
    5/5,
    Version: 2017-09-23
    well that was fast!
    1. bk3k
      Author's Response
      Would have been much faster, but I suddenly decided I was tired. I wanted to test the results before putting it out there of course.