1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Augment Overhaul Version 1.3

A complete re-work of the Starbound augments.

1. Sparklink
    Steam Link here.
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1804432030&searchtext=

A complete re-work of the Starbound augments. This mod aims to bring augments as a new layer of strategy in Starbound gameplay

What does this mod do?

To start, augments can now be placed on your helmets, chestplates, and boots; however augments can not be placed wherever you want. Augments are now designed for specific parts of your armor. For example Energy augments are only found in varieties made for your head and chest slots. For more information on this please refer to the augment match-up chart.

Can I stack Peacekeeper augments to give myself 100% defense?

No. All augments have had their stats worked from the ground-up to prevent such power. To start all augments come in levels one to five, as opposed to the old one to three. Level five is actually weaker than the original level three, however you can now stack your effects with multiple augments. And you now have the freedom of four slots meaning you may come out ahead. The previously mentioned Augment Match-Up Chart shows you the individual powers of each tier augment, what the maximum stack potential is, and what armor varieties you can find.

What about modded races?

In order to get augments for armors of modded races I would need to make a patch for all of the armors of that race. This would be very hard work to support all of the races there are. Instead I have created a generic Augmentable Armor set for all of the regular tiers. I apologize if this is a bit of hassle; but it is the second best option after making patches for the modded races

Is there anything I should know before installing this mod?

Installing this mod will not effect any existing characters, augments, or EPPs that have augments on them. In order to get in on this new augment goodness you will need to find brand new augments in treasure chests. If you want to uninstall this mod you will need to make sure to get rid of anything that has a new augment equipt to it.

Promotional Image.png

A hearty thanks to user GTG3000 (also known as Mighty Annihilator on Steam) for their useful Augment Extractor. The Augment Extractor MK II is an adapted version of their original work, redesigned to work with the new augments of this mod. (The new paint job and name are simply so that you can tell this mods' and the original version apart.)
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    You must get the author's consent before including this mod in a compilation.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    You must get the author's consent before altering/redistributing any assets included in this mod.

Images

1. ICON.png
    2. Augment_Chart4.png
    3. example1.png
    4. Example2.png
    5. Thanks.png
    artguk likes this.

Recent Reviews

1. mejesuti
    mejesuti
    5/5,
    Version: 1.2