1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated Avali Race Mod 0.12.4

The only fluffy nomadic space raptors!

1. Sarduka
    Sarduka
    5/5,
    Version: 0.51
    <3 it!
  2. The13thDoc
    The13thDoc
    5/5,
    Version: 0.51
    Love the mod, well done :D
  3. KieroAshkore
    KieroAshkore
    5/5,
    Version: 0.5
    I hate to say that this is one of my favorite custom races thus far for it is different from others. The Avali race also reminds me of the elites from, only because of their reversed bowed-legs, but that is where the similarities end. Another reason this is my favorite custom race has to be the great animation with their tails. The final part of this mod which makes it worth playing has to be the great design of the ship. The newest update to the Avali race mod; which had new weapons, plum options, and clothes was good and I cannot wait to see more from this mod. In all, 4.7/5 (No such rating yet so 5/5 thus far).
  4. Sir Jahar
    Sir Jahar
    5/5,
    Works like a charm, fun all around, and I had to stop my self after steel to wait for updates to keep the experience. The lack of a racial flag was a down, but the cuteness is too over whelming. Nice sound for the pain effect.
  5. teihoo
    teihoo
    5/5,
    Unique, cute and deadly! But ... they need to get a flag! ;)
    1. RyuujinZERO
      Author's Response
      Ooh, thanks for the reminder. *adds to list*
  6. Nexeron
    Nexeron
    5/5,
    The ship looks amazing! Great work! I have only seen the racial starter sword yet but even this one looks great! I also like the new clothing. I have no other choice than giving this 5 stars. Keep up the great work :)

I still have one question: Is it possible to change the beam up/down animation because it doesnt really fit to the bodyshape of the avali? It's not so important but I am just asking^^
    1. RyuujinZERO
      Author's Response
      Sadly not :( - the animation is shared by all races; I could replace it with an animation that is more generic, like a bright flash instead of a terminator style humanoid figure emerging, but that runs the risk of compatibility issues if another mod tries the same thing
  7. xtomass
    xtomass
    5/5,
    Most Unique Race mod sprite wise was a pleasant surprise to find something like this. The ship's great and the small selection of clothes is great,but lacking in quantity

Also I featured this mod in my Mod List series
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACassWoz9D8
    (Can I beg thee to add this video to the description of the mod?)
  8. KnightCario
    KnightCario
    5/5,
    I only played as hylotl. But this race, DAMN that thing is cute. New main character! :D
  9. Kipple
    Kipple
    4/5,
    Version: 0.4
    So, I'm one of these boring people that normally just plays human characters, but these guys I like! I think the only thing that keeps me from giving in and being a fluffy space raptor long-term is the respawn animation; I don't like how it seems to start off with a human frame before the skin and feathers are grafted back on and then *poof* becomes Avali after one magical pass of whatever cloning technology is at work. But super cute otherwise!
    1. RyuujinZERO
      Author's Response
      Unless you die a LOT, the respawn animation is rather lower priority than say... clothing, weapons, armour or both genders being playable ;)

I'll get to that in a patch or two, animating such a long sequence takes time, but trust me it'll be a good one when it comes.
  10. AlphaGodith
    AlphaGodith
    5/5,
    Soooooo freaking cute! I love their digitigrade legs and wiggly tails and huge eyes! I'd like for more plumage/color options, and I really think that those wing-arms should provide some kind of immunity to fall damage, and/or that their fur should provide some cold resistance, but that's just me.
    1. RyuujinZERO
      Author's Response
      I'm actually co-ordinating with the developer of the racial bonuses mod to include avali in the package, so you'll be able to get their racial bonuses through that (passive cold resistance, gliding). Reason I'm out-sourcing it is so that avali don't have an advantage over other races, instead all races have bonuses, or none do.
  11. Scyrinal
    Scyrinal
    5/5,
    I love how this mod keeps improving almost every day. I look forward to see the next update!
  12. Jroc
    Jroc
    5/5,
    Man each uptade make me wanna play them more,you are doing great with them plz dont give up and btw plz dont delete the transparent clothes ,is fun to have them specialy the pants ,other races pants dont mach w them and that help a lot (but i prefer have all armor hide XP )
  13. Raieth
    Raieth
    4/5,
    This is now my new favourite race. I love the colour options on the feathers and am shocked at how detailed they are! I have a feeling all my doodles will be of my little Odin.

The jump animation is perfect and must have taken forever to get right. The non-race armour looks ridiculous it's a good thing I love running around the universe with no pants!

One thing I noticed right away was that the chest/shoulder armour in the crafting menu does not have a preview. Could be a conflict (I'm running like 20 mods at last count.) but thought I'd mention it.

Have you thought about what kind of buildings they are going to have? Oooooh, I can't wait to see more!!
  14. loopy Dude
    loopy Dude
    4/5,
    Great Mod so far. 4 stars out of 5 for the content so far :) will bump it up to a 5 when it gets closer to being complete. Great job and keep up the good work!
  15. jakeskate
    jakeskate
    5/5,
    my new favorite mod:)
  16. Furail
    Furail
    5/5,
    Version: 0.3
    at least someone made a nonhumanoid race you truly is a amazing man :D i'll look forward to see your races and their racial armors weapons and other stuff. Keep Up The Good Work!
  17. VIcariousViking
    VIcariousViking
    5/5,
  18. Snowblindkitty
    Snowblindkitty
    4/5,
    A good start but till your done not getting 5 stars.

The ship is a neat idea but takes away from some of the usable space and could use a redesign. The race looks wonderful but I hope you can clean up the sprite just a bit more. Finally, would love a custom re-spawn animation.
    1. RyuujinZERO
      Author's Response
      Actually the ship has exactly the same usable space as the other player ships. The sloped ceiling is aesthetic to make the ship look less boxy.
      http://i.imgur.com/mVlPg0B.jpg
  19. Mizukyuubi
    Mizukyuubi
    5/5,
    So Cute HNNNNNNG
  20. Electric0Eye
    Electric0Eye
    5/5,
    The only race that doesn't wear pants 10/10
    1. RyuujinZERO
      Author's Response
      The reticulans/greys would like a word with you ;)