1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated Avali thowable weapons (deprecated) 0.something?

adds avali P1-Hail pilum to the avali race

1. IMPORTANT UPDATE read details

gatosardina
    remember when i said a few updates ago that crafting path would change in the future?
    well the future is now
    wake up people

changes in this version
    -ALL pilums are now craftable in the IRON ANVIL
    -the only recipe you know right away is the recipe for P1 hail, you learn the recipe for P2 when picking up a P1, and to learn the recipe for PX you need to craft an item in the avail workbench called AEC (Avali Elite Certificate)
    the certificate is costly, 10 diamonds, 2.5k pixels, 1 avail data...
  2. new rarity levels

gatosardina
    just a quick update that makes the P2-Hail Uncommon (green border) and the PX Legendary (purple border)
  3. fixed an issue that prevented the P-X Hail from piercing through enemies

gatosardina
    well that's it
  4. now with readme and recipes

gatosardina
    added a readme to the zip, and also added back the recipes
    I keep forgetting to add them --'
  5. rebalance of the pilums for higher tier planets and piercing pilums

gatosardina
    for some reason the pilums weren't behaving as intended on high tier planets, so here, a fix for that
    also, now the P-X Hail pierces through multiple enemies, yay!
    no instructions in this zip sorry /: read below
    just replace the files in
    Code:
    /path-to-your-starbound-folder/giraffe_storage/mods/avali/items/throwing/
    with the files inside the zip
  6. last tier of pilums, i'll think of more throwing weapons suitable for the avali

gatosardina
    IMPORTANT UPDATE IF YOU DIDNT DOWNLOAD THE FIRST VERSION OF THE MOD
    in the last update i didn't include the recipe for the tier 1 pilum, and it's impossible to craft the tier 2 pilum without it, so here it is

i'm a bit concerned about the balance in this one, if you feel it's either too OP or too UP, please tell me

this update introduces the P-X Hail:

the P-X is the result of years of avali investigations on armor penetration
    together with more powerful thrusters,...
  7. just introducing a small fix in advance for the next tier

gatosardina
    in the last update i didn't include the recipe for the tier 1 pilum, and it's impossible to craft the tier 2 pilum without it, so here it is

NEW VISUAL EFFECTS AND STATUS
    i updated the on-hit effect to be like any other avali aerogel-based weapon, and also added a poison status effect to reflect how avali weapons inflict bleeding
    i don't know how to create new status effects, so...
  8. new on-hit particles and status effect (plus a hotfix)

gatosardina

NEW VISUAL EFFECTS AND STATUS
    i updated the on-hit effect to be like any other avali aerogel-based weapon, and also added a poison status effect to reflect how avali weapons inflict bleeding
    i don't know how to create new status effects, so...
  9. serriously, you don't need this mod anymore, but here, one more tier

gatosardina
    adds the avali P-2 Hail pilum to the Avali workbench
    the P-2 Hail is crafted in the avali workbench, and it's an upgrade of the previous tier
    it's more lightweight, due to its graphene structure, and thanks to the micro thrusters that automatically activate in mid-air, the pilum travels faster, further, and penetrates deeper, thus causing more severe injuries when the shaft shatters
    instructions on how to install inside the zip Screenshot 2015-05-04 22.18.18.png Screenshot 2015-05-04 22.19.17.png ...
  10. deprecated

gatosardina
    throwing weapon has already being introduced in the official mod
    in the official mod the pilum is crafted in the iron anvil
    if you wish to continue crafting it in the bench replace the indicated file from the avali mod with the file of this mod
    please note that there is no need to uninstall this mod, once you delete the avali mod to install the new avali update is enough