1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Avali (Triage) 1.11.0

Return of the most adorable predators this side of the universe rift

1. The big two point oh!

Fevix
    Avali update 2.0!

Luthor614's changes:
    +New Avali structure, a bunker! Disabled for now, but the files are in place. Luthor614 will be finishing this up soon, hopefully.
    +Village guards now have their own armor! NPCs were unable to use vanity slots, so if we gave them the player armor, they'd look naked all the time. We didn't want naked guards, so we let them use the cosmetics. Unfortunately this left them unprotected against anything, so now they have a special set of armor!
    *Speaking of armor, your own armor has undergone an internal change to bring them in line with vanilla (We still had, internally, Tier1 to tier10. Now, internally, we properly have tiers 1-6, with accelerator, separator, and manipulator variants. No actual front-end changes came about because of this, this bit is all back-end, invisible to the average player. The old armors are still included, so no PGI's yet.)
    *The new armors, though, DO have a slight change: They'll now list their metal in their description! Instead of just "Armoured plates inserted into Avali armour", you'll now see, for example, "Steel armoured plates inserted into Avali armour"!
    *Many more items have been given prices (SHOULD be all items, if you find an Avali item that can't be sold, tell us), and existing prices have been adjusted to the vanilla standards

Devani1's changes:
    +Exciting news! Not only do you have a better way to farm, by using aerogel, but you now have a better way to farm using dirt! You should find an Avali-themed hoe in your lathes now! The graphene-based construction means it's much lighter than wood-based hoes, meaning you can swing it much faster! In theory. We've even sprinkled a bit of aerogel onto the back of the head, giving you something shiny to look at while you hoe!
    +In a similar upgrade to an old-fashioned tool, we're shipping out a brand new shiny pickaxe! We've applied the very same principles to this tool as we did to the hoe: Graphene construction, lightweight metal handle, and shiny aerogel on the back!
    +There's a NEW light in town, and its name is the Aerogel Light Block! Place it here, place it there, place i- what's that? They can't see the video feed? Well then why have I been getting all dressed up?! ... WHAT?! THEY CANT EVEN HEAR MY AMAZING VOICE? WE'RE JUST HAVING SOMEONE TYPE THIS ALL? Ugh... Well, whatever, Stick the light anywhere. It's a light, what do you expect?
    +In less BORING and IRRITATING news, we're also shipping out an Uplink Scanner. Contrary to its name, it'll trigger any attached devices whether or not they have a Neural Uplink. It's a lot like the Proximity Sensors found at the Outpost, but this one reacts to presence 0.028 nanoseconds faster!
    *I quit. Someone else can talk into this dumb microphone for some unfortunate soul to transcribe? ... Wait, what's that? You can't fire me, I already quit! ... Oh, wait, you're hiring me? For ten times my previous wages?! SWEEET! You got a de-
    *Transcriber's note: Boss tells me to add in "The announcer has been fired." So there, it's added. No clue what I'm going to type without an announcer to tell me...
    *Uh, aparrently the melee weapons have all been rebalanced, but you'll have to make new ones to get the updated specs.
    *The Display Apparatus has been slowed down. No more spasticness! The techs have also optimised its printing pattern, making it 24% faster, or so I'm told.
    *This is hard...

Gatosardina's changes:
    *Avali laser miner has been given a new look.

TL;DR:
    +New dungeon files (Avali bunker). Disabled for now, until they're more fleshed out, but those who want to should be able to just remove the ".disabled" from the dungeons to enable them (They haven't been added to the generation lists yet, though.)
    +Avali-themed tools: Pickaxe and Hoe. (The hoe has the flag for triggering all hoe-related quests). Functionally identical to non-Avali variants.
    +Aerogel Light Block
    *Villager guards now have armor (Only newly-spawned guards will gain armor.)
    *Armor has been changed internally. No PGI's, and no player-visible changes because of this.
    *New armor now shows metal type (ex. "Steel armored plates" rather than just "Armored plates")
    *Melee weapons have been rebalanced
    *Display Apparatus has been given more frames, and the animation has been slowed.
    *New look for the avali laser miner.
Return to update list...