1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Betabound! v12e

A base-game enhancement mod featuring new content! Not an overhaul.

1. Sock_Bunny
    Betabound is a base-game enhancement mod which adds tons of content consistent with the Starbound vision throughout the entire game-- from beginning to end! Although Betabound certainly has a strong presence throughout the game, it is not an overhaul mod and will never outright replace content from Starbound. Betabound is present, but not overwhelming.

From the smallest quality of life changes to brand new content, this mod changes the way you craft, explore, defend, and fight in a simple-to-learn-hard-to-master way! Pickaxes, tech, quests, food, recipes, dungeons, weapons, biomes, and more!

• New mining tools! Craft them and mine, but keep an eye on their durability bar! You can use ores to repair your tools.
    • New quests! Visit the Outpost and help it grow by helping those in need!
    • Enhance your ship by crafting! More fuel, faster non-FTL travel, reduced fuel costs!
    • Powerful food items which bestow useful status effects and instantly restore health and energy!
    • Unique biome-themed weapons to add spice to your universe!
    • New objects to decorate with!
    • New resources with new uses! Alien Seaweed, for example, is used to make an item to keep food fresh while in the inventory.
    • New tech for all existing tech slots... and a new tech slot!

[Q] Can I use FU with this mod?
    [A] YES. Anyone that tells you this mod is incompatible with FU is a liar.

[Q] Weapons are doing an absurd amount of damage!
    [A] Check your mods list for mods which increase the amount of damage done by weapons, such as "Difficulty Overhaul" or similar.

A special 'thank you' to pngimage.net for allowing me to use their image in the logo!
    Source: https://pngimage.net/beta-logo-png-5/
    Shoutout to Aegonian for providing an essential bit of code which allows holiday content to be possible! Check out their work here!
    Without the help of jss2a98aj in optimizing the unique mod music, we wouldn't have those tracks! Show your appreciation by paying his Starbound Patch Project a visit!
    The Orange Juice sprite was created by Frykas! Check out his work here!
    Reefpod-based items give a swim boost buff thanks to BlossomDancer's Reefpod Gives Swim Boost mod! Check it out!
    A handful of sprites were done by Rhopunzel! Check out their work here!
    The Black Current Crumble and Crystal Chips sprites were made by SOULs! Check out their work here!
    Thanks to Tea-Loving Lad, many of Betabound's angled weapons were straightened and given visual upgrades! Check out their work here!
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    Do not include this mod in compilations.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    Do not alter or redistribute the assets included in this mod.

Images

1. drill.png
    2. Crafting, with a table.png
    3. Butcher, Baker, Widow Maker.png
    4. tech station.png

Recent Updates

1. Bug fixes
  2. hotfix
  3. Weapon mods, lore, quests, and more!

Recent Reviews

1. JuniorLyra_22
    JuniorLyra_22
    5/5,
    Version: v10c
    I love this mod!
  2. YukiKazePoi
    YukiKazePoi
    5/5,
    Version: v9.4
    Amazing!!
  3. Doogoul
    Doogoul
    5/5,
    Version: v9.1
    Great mod, I wonder if there is a mushroom cap and a king's crown? as in older versions
    1. Sock_Bunny
      Author's Response
      Thank you! And yes, there are-- you can either research or find the mushroom cap in mushroom biomes and the crown drops from glitch kings
  4. glider521al
    glider521al
    5/5,
    Version: v9.1
    Fantastic mod, nice to see that you've continued to update it! Beta Bound brings back the memorable features of Starbound Beta while integrating a plethora of new content and mechanics.
  5. faennia
    faennia
    5/5,
    Version: v8.11.1b
    Pretty nice mod!
  6. Mix.quail
    Mix.quail
    5/5,
    Version: v8.11.1
    Great mod! Thank you very much! I really liked it)
  7. That1Rand0mChannel
    That1Rand0mChannel
    5/5,
    Version: v8.6.2
    This. Despite me still having the giraffe beta and koala beta, this mod here is an absolute lifesaver for others who don't have the original betas. Not to mention the fact that it actually features the beta content instead of a half-assed outdated legacy features mod. The biggest factor of why this mod is amazing is the fact that it is literally just starbound beta with the current starbound stuff, so I can literally use Starbound Beta's overpowered techs while building a proper big ass colony (something that sucked in old starbound beta until they revamped it to a much better system that it is today) An underrated work of passion from a true starbound fan.
    1. Sock_Bunny
      Author's Response
      Thank you so much! ;-;
  8. Apple Juice
    Apple Juice
    5/5,
    Version: v8.5.2c
    Yes very good me likey
    1. Sock_Bunny
      Author's Response
      YAY ABBLE
  9. jss2a98aj
    jss2a98aj
    5/5,
    Version: v8.4.1d
    Starbound beta versions had a lot off cool stuff. Having a selection of it back with improvements is great.
    1. Sock_Bunny
      Author's Response
      owowoowowowoowo
  10. KuyaBatman
    KuyaBatman
    4/5,
    Version: v8.4.0
    nice mod, been using it awhile, can you make another version of this but only the techs, i know there is already the legacy techs mod, but they dont work and i really like being able to loot techs from chests :)