1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

bk3k's Tech Helper 1.10

Better way to enable techs.

1. Cleaner UI, more options.

bk3k
    UI Changes
    • The requirements area is larger to display a longer "shortdescription" for your unlock items.
    • This area and the unlock button are better centered for a better overall look. 1.0 was a little sloppy.
    • The requirements area will now display the icon from your unlock items - and features automatic scaling in case you use larger/more detailed icons!
    • Much better automatic pluralization of an item's "shortdescription" and also the opportunity to override this in the UI config ("Ancient Essence" already is).
    Support Options
    • Player currency ("money", "essence", etc) is now accepted to unlock your techs. The UI would show it before, but it didn't actually work. Now it does.
    • New "excludeSpecies" array option in "requirements". Does the opposite of "species". The intent is you could have one version of a tech just for a particular race, and another version for everyone else. You'd probably want to exclude the regular version for that race then.
    • I was thinking there may have been some combinations of requirements before that might not have worked, but now I think they should after a little re-coding. The replacement code is also a little clearer.

Note I also added a couple example files to make clear how little you actually need to add in your patch files. One that covers you adding
    Code:
    "includes" : [ "bk3k_techHelper", "bk3k_Techs" ],
    in your _metadata, and one that works without doing so (just a little extra patch work).
Return to update list...