1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Container UI Tweak 2016-07-23

Move the inventory and container windows so they don't obscure the area near the player

1. Lunchghost
    ** THIS IS THE NON-STEAM WORKSHOP VERSION OF THE MOD FOUND HERE: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=729524482 **

When interacting with containers, move the inventory and container windows so they don't obscure the area near the player.

--

"But you can already do this?"

Yes, you can move the windows manually--but they reset every time you interact with a container or merchant.

--

Customization Instructions
    (You are basically creating this mod for yourself)

1. Uninstall/unsubscribe from this mod.

2. Navigate to the Starbound mods directory: /path/to/Starbound/mods

3. Create a new folder called myuitweak

4. In that new folder, create two new files called _metadata and interface.config.patch

5. Contents of _metadata:
    {
    "author" : "Kluex2016",
    "dependencies" : [],
    "description" : "A perfectly tuned Container UI Tweak",
    "friendlyName" : "My UI Tweak",

"name" : "MyUITweak",
    "version" : "1.0"
    }

6. Contents of interface.config.patch:
    [
    {
    "op": "replace",
    "path": "/displayCenteredWindowGap",
    "value": 160
    }
    ]

7. Change the line in interface.config.patch starting with "value": to any number you like (the default is 4; this mod sets it to 160; very large values may cause issues)

8. Launch Starbound and make sure your mod appears in the mods list.
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    Anyone can use this mod in their mod compilation without the author's consent.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    Anyone can alter/redistribute the mod's assets without the author's consent.

Images

1. containeruitweak.gif

Recent Reviews

1. overtube
    overtube
    5/5,
    Version: 2016-07-23
    Excellent
  2. Hepsylone
    Hepsylone
    4/5,
    Hey, I give it a 4/5 just because it doesn't work anymore. But the idea is great!

Here's how i maked it worked :
    - unpack the file
    - open "interface.config.patch" with Notepad++
    - replace "/displayCenteredWindowGap" into "/bringAdjacentWindowGap"
    - put the value you want.

There is a subtlety, you have to place the character window once on the left, and for the rest of your game session it will remain in place with the amount of space chosen for you to see your character.
  3. starboom
    starboom
    5/5,
    It's very useful for me, no more worry about windows again, thanks!
  4. Kokito
    Kokito
    1/5,
    its just not working.

"17:01:16.714] [Error] Could not apply patch from file /interface.config.patch in source: ..\mods\containeruitweak.pak. Caused by: (JsonPatchException) Could not apply patch to base. (JsonPatchException) Could not apply operation to base. (TraversalException) Could not find "displayCenteredWindowGap" to remove
    "

...this goes on and on on my starbound.log and nope. its not working. game loads but feature its' not working. I assume this is working on 1.33.
  5. Reyghel
    Reyghel
    5/5,
    A mod that allows you to have your inventory separated from the window of the containers you open. Excellent, you save the running of those windows every time.
  6. copperstain
    copperstain
    5/5,
    Significantly improves quality of life when managing inventory stuff. Superb!
  7. aweroke12
    aweroke12
    5/5,
    Amazingly simple yet improves the game so much
  8. jellyfish123
    jellyfish123
    5/5,
    A must-have for all users!
  9. gotisch
    gotisch