1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated Craftable 3D Printer 2015-06-07

Exposes the 3D printer as a craftable station.

1. hairlessOrphan
    So, you want to 3D print stuff? But you don't want to keep going back to your ship to do it?

The 3D printer item is in the game, already.

There's a version of it that you can take on-planet with you, and scan stuff, and print stuff. It's just hidden away. I dunno why.

I made this mod because sometimes I find a dungeon and it's really pretty, and I don't want to ruin it by dismantling it.

But I want to scan their stuff.

[​IMG]

Yeah, you can craft a 3D printing station, and bring it with you, and scan stuff, and then print a replacement and put it back. Then you can take your station back and go on your way. It's like I modded in a sophisticated counterfeiting minigame.

Also, it's probably useful for building bases.

You can craft it in the Research Station, right next to the (thoroughly less impressive) Portable Pixel Printer. (This is green bc TL;DR)

[​IMG]

I based the mats on the (thoroughly less impressive) Portable Pixel Printer, and added a couple of Circuit Boards because I don't know why.

Also, the thumbnail icon in the game was a wooden crafting table icon. I made a new one. Also, the rarity is "common" in the game. But that's just not true. So I fixed that, as well.

DISCLAIMERS

I made this mod by reverse-engineering some other mods I have. So here are the disclaimers:

1) MAYBE THERE IS A REASON THIS ITEM IS HIDDEN AWAY

It works for me, but I really just needed it in the Glitch dungeon (shown above in screenshot #1). So maybe it explodes for terrible damage if you use it in a mushroom village. I don't know.

2) I DO NOT KNOW WHAT I AM DOING

Like I said, I reverse-engineered other mods. Zero modding guides were read in the making of this mod.

3) THEREFORE, USE AT YOUR OWN RISK

As per usual.
    Inny likes this.

Recent Reviews

1. Omnilock
    Omnilock
    1/5,
    Version: 2015-06-07
    There seems to be a problem where the .modinfo is not really a .modinfo, And doesn't work. Im using a mac. If you want more info, or some picture proof just send me a message. till this is fixed. Sadly one star.
    1. hairlessOrphan
      Author's Response
      Hmm. Do I have to .modpak it to get it to work on Macs? I'll take a look at it tonight, but no promises, because I don't have a Mac to test.
  2. amjierlld
    amjierlld
    5/5,
    Relocation not only affects the appearance, moved around very troublesome. MODS solve this problem!
  3. LoPhatKao
    LoPhatKao
    5/5,
    dammit -.- I just had this idea last night, but as a thing to hold in hand and use instead of a wall station... kudos for having a great idea ^.^
    1. hairlessOrphan
      Author's Response
      Oh, hey. You made the Outpost Lag Reduction mod. Another excellent mod. Everyone should check that out.