1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated Dead Squirrel's Firefly 1.0 Enraged Koala

Firefly/Serenity playership - "You paid money for this, sir? On purpose?"

1. Dead Squirrel
    "Ain't all buttons and charts, little albatross. Know what the first rule of flying is? Well I s'pose you do, since you already know what I'm 'bout to say.

... Love.

Can know all the math in the 'verse but take a boat in the air that you don't love? She'll shake you off just as sure as a turn in the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughtta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home."

[​IMG]
    Crew not (yet) included.

Crew coming soon to Big Box of Loot mod.

[​IMG]

What's a firefly without it's fire?

[​IMG]

Outdated video tours!

VicariousViking (v0.7)

ReignAndPour (v0.6)

You're gonna come with us.
    For all you Firefly fanatics, here she is in her fully-sprited, Starbound-themed glory.

Want more?
    Suggestions? Bugs? Let me know! I'm not done working on this girl.

The Big Box of Loot Collaboration
    Kittentamer's done some amazing work and will be updating it as new items get finished.
    You can help us out, or suggest stuff to add here: Firefly/Serenity "Big Box of Loot"

Compatibility patch
    Install for servers or friends who don't want to use the ship, check out the Compatibility patch.

Dead Squirrel's Firefly - Rusty Brown (v 0.9)
    (Starbound v Angry Koala)

=INSTALLATION=
    1) Unzip contents into Starbound/mods/
    2) Create a new Human character in Single-player (You can use the Character in Multiplayer once they're created).
    3) Fly like a leaf on the wind, you ghirdam Browncoat.

=NON-HUMAN RACES=
    The ship files work for other races too! Just rename the ships/human folder to the race of your choice.
    But! The Ship Chest will contain Human starter items. To fix:
    1) Inside the mod folder, open dropship.structure with a text editor.
    2) Search for the line:
    "treasurePools" : [ "humanStarterTreasure" ]
    3) Replace "humanStarterTreasure" with your race. ("avianStarterTreasure", "apexStarterTreasure", "floranStarterTreasure", "glitchStarterTreasure", "hylotlStarterTreasure")

=USING THE SHIP ON AN EXISTING CHARACTER=
    Ok! So ... to use an existing character on pc:
    1) We need to find the existing character's codename.
    • Load up the existing character in-game, then exit Starbound. (This way the existing character's files are the most recently saved)
    • Open Starbound/player/ in explorer and arrange the files by date. The most recently edited one should represent your character.
    • You should see sets-of-3 files with the same name, but different type: xxx.metadata, xxx.player, xxx.shipworld. Where "xxx" is an identical string of numbers and letters.
    • Make a BACKUP of these files. If something goes wrong, you can always paste the old files back.
    2) From here we have two options:
    A ) Human character: You can delete the .shipworld (Or cut and paste it somewhere safe). Starbound will automatically make that character a new ship from the startership files. Remember to move all the loot on your old ship into your inventory or onto a planet first. You can always replace the old .shipworld if you want your old ship back. (You did remember a backup, right?)
    B ) Non-human character:
    • Make a new Human character. Load the dummy-human in-game.
    • Now go back to the main menu. Load your existing character. Exit Starbound.
    • Open Starbound/player/ in explorer and arrange the files by date. The first 3-file-set is your existing character, the second set is the dummy-human with the ship you want.
    • Copy the first character's shipworld codename ("xxx.shipworld"), then delete the file. Now rename the dummy-human's shipworld with the codename you copied.
    • ... profit! (But not off other peoples misfortune. That's not civilized-like.)

=SUGGESTIONS? QUESTIONS?=
    Go to the forums: http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?threads/dead-squirrels-firefly.61456/#post-1630194
    Or message me directly (Dead Squirrel)

EDIT: 1/1 Updated readme
    EDIT: 1/2 patch 0.7, lights added
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    You must get the author's consent before including this mod in a compilation.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    You must get the author's consent before altering/redistributing any assets included in this mod.

Recent Reviews

1. soul_eater
    soul_eater
    5/5,
    Version: 1.0 Enraged Koala
    ship like this, it'll be with you till the day you die.

...because it's a death trap
  2. Wwolf655
    Wwolf655
    5/5,
    Beautiful ship! one of my faves! Any chance we will be seeing it updated?
  3. ghostninjaextreme
    ghostninjaextreme
    5/5,
    good
  4. fighter25891
    fighter25891
    5/5,
    awesome model of ship like it
  5. mecha_aries
    mecha_aries
    5/5,
    awesome work on bringing the serenity to starbound! thank you!
    I like the details you have created. and the engine room.
  6. Mangos02
    Mangos02
    5/5,
    Best ship mod around
  7. team3lost
    team3lost
    5/5,
    There are no words to how cool this mod is, Thanks man.

P.s. Firefly was the best, Don't know why they discontinued it :(
  8. Gonzo18
    Gonzo18
    5/5,
    This mod is really awesome but the hangar looks a little bit empty, i changed this ;D Thx alot for this great mod.
  9. Tantalus010
    Tantalus010
    5/5,
    As a series fan, this is an excellent, very well-detailed rendition of the Serenity. As a Starbound player, this ship is comfortably sized for a single player game without being needlessly big - you get plenty of room for storage, crafting and living quarters and there won't be a ton of completely empty rooms left over. Awesome for players who want to live on their ship.
  10. Jeoshua
    Jeoshua
    5/5,
    An extremely well done and faithful rendition of the ship from Firefly. Maybe that's why I keep coming back to this page to see the screenshots, even tho I'm sure there won't be more of them.