1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Early Game Staff & Wand Availability 0.01

Allows staffs/wands to appear in treasure pools at earlier tiers

1. Febilian
    Please tell me in the discussion if you find issues with the mod as it is and I'll try to fix them.

Ever play with a racial ability mod (such as Frackin Races), and pick a race that has a bonus from staves and wands, but have no way to get them and benefit from the bonus early-game unless you have another mod that adds crafting recipes? Or maybe you just want to be a space wizard earlier than near-endgame?

I know it bugs me, so I made this tiny, tiny mod to compensate for the general lack of low-tier staffs/wands out there.

This is a very small mod that modifies the basic treasure pool files to allow staffs and wands to appear much earlier in the game through normal means(i.e. looting and pillaging treasure chests or what have you).

Wands/staffs that appear on tier 1 planets should be tier 1, and wands/staffs that appear on tier 2 planets should be tier 2, etc.

This mod could be considered overpowered in some cases given how staffs/wands work, and I'm not 100% sure how compatible it is with other mods that modify the common.treasurepools file, but it is what it is, and it should do what it says it does. Let me know if it doesn't.

I made this mod for myself but figured maybe someone else would get a kick out of it too so I'm posting it.

This mod does not add any new items or weapons/parts. It only uses existing assets(potentially added by other mods, if you have them) to add lower-tier staves/wands to existing treasure pools. Anything that calls for "weapon" or "goodweapon" as a treasure pool option has a chance to get a staff, even on lower tier planets.
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    Anyone can use this mod in their mod compilation without the author's consent.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    Anyone can alter/redistribute the mod's assets without the author's consent.