1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Elithian Races Mod - A Starbound Expansion 2.3.10

A Starbound expansion mod which adds multiple new races and additional content

1. Antilles
    Antilles
    5/5,
    Version: 1.1.1
    I like it, thx!
  2. Squidy_Frykas
    Squidy_Frykas
    5/5,
    Wow ! That's one of the best modded race in starbound ! Good job I love this mod !
  3. Inaire777
    Inaire777
    5/5,
    I'm glad i read the comments. I am also glad that its YOUR creation and NOT a rip-off. Most of all I have another AWESOME race I can use. It is a really sweet mod. Keep up the great work! :P
  4. Dem0nl29
    Dem0nl29
    5/5,
    This is seriously one of the best races I play If the designer could integrate this would great
  5. Alissonex
    Alissonex
    5/5,
    very good
  6. darkcrill
    darkcrill
    5/5,
    at first i was not sure but trying it out i fell in love with this race great job
  7. gatosardina
    gatosardina
    5/5,
    even though you drew inspiration from other custom races, this race has a lot of personality and very original ideas and i love it!
    i'm eager to see what surprises you have for us
  8. Resonat
    Resonat
    5/5,
    This is a really unique racial mod! I'd personally rank this on the level of the peglaci and the avali! Keep up the good work pal!
  9. Metalshock
    Metalshock
    5/5,
    Version: 1.1.0
    I can say that I've enjoyed this mod. besides a relatively minor issue with a Avikan merchant saying simply "Thank you fro shopping here, Captain", I have to say it's really well made. the idea of using Shield generators as armor is cool, though I have to question how the Avikan have such technology; I'd see it being from another race in this "alliance", but since no such race has been introduced yet... well, conjecture.

as for those who complain about it being a ripoff of Avali, I should note I played this with the Avali mod because a friend found the unofficial update to Pleased Giraffe. "weapons look similar" > The Avali use like... some kind of futuristic Laser material for their swords and such. every Avikan weapon I've seen (that being said I'm not that far in) is literally bone. white, somewhat bland, and almost all the same design for specific weapon types with a few aesthetic changes.

Look the same... well, I'm not sure how else you'd make a race that's not 100% humanoid without going full on four legged Feral. they do have a lot of differences, and even if he did use the Avali as a Template, the creator of Avali literally said in a Review that he's perfectly fine with that.

If i may suggest, for a future update, maybe custom enemy parts? I mean, I know enemies on planets are generated, but, if it's within your means, maybe add some "burrowing" traits to the enemy pool? I mean, we do have a worm in our ship, which has been established to be a "Tamed and Docile" version of a monster the avikan had to deal with on their homeworld.

In any case, keep up the good work, and I hope to see more of this!
    1. Aegonian
      Author's Response
      I'll fix that spelling mistake in the next update, thank you for notifying me! There'll be more codex entries on the Avikan explaining their history and technology in a future update, so look forward to that!

The unique monster parts is something I've wanted to do for quite some time, so I think I'll give it a shot! Burrowing monsters, especially giant versions of the sandworm you keep as a pet, have also been on my mind a while, but I don't yet know how to build those - I don't have much experience with Lua scripting yet. I'll definitely look into it though, as those monsters would be awesome to have!
  10. Slark
    Slark
    5/5,
    Amazing mod, on par with the Avali while maintaining an amazing look that is similar, but just different enough to be fresh. Unfortunately, I have to ask if I'm misunderstanding where these Avikan settlements are. I've been searching through desert planets for the past hour and a half and have seen not a single fellow Avikan. Plenty of Avali settlements and structures, but no Avikans yet...
    1. Aegonian
      Author's Response
      The Avikan settlements should generate on desert and savannah/arid planets, though I have to say that finding them can be difficult sometimes because Starbound randomly picks what dungeon to spawn - you could be having a stroke of bad luck with the spawns, it's happened to me too... The smaller tents that also spawn randomly are more common and it seems you've found those, but most of those should also spawn Avikan NPCs... Could you send me your starbound.log so I can see if there are any errors occurring?
  11. whitekitestrings
    whitekitestrings
    5/5,
    It's hard to figure out where to start, but I want to say that this is a very good mod! There is tons of content, the sprites and art look awesome, the lore is great; everything about it is just wonderful. The Avali and Peglaci races stand out in my mind as being exceptionally good and memorable race mods, both creatively and artistically, and I think the Avikan can firmly position themselves as an equally awesome mod in my mind. (I don't mean to compare them by the way, they are just examples of what I personally consider really creative and well-done race mods.)
    I know that lots of people have already pointed out the similarities to the Avali, and on the surface it is actually pretty startling how similar they are (or it was for me), but if you actually play the mod, it becomes apparent immediately that the Avikan are totally unique. It is a little bit silly that people are so compelled to pit the two mods against each other instead of appreciating their individual merits.
  12. RyuujinZERO
    RyuujinZERO
    5/5,
    While they bear a striking resemblance, on close inspection I'm fairly convinced that indeed these *are* new sprites and not built off the Avali. So with that settled I hope people stop with the accusations of plagarism (I should also point out that I don't mind people using the Avali as a template anyway...), and I can verify that despite similarities the spear and console sprites are also new; similar, but subtly different.

All that aside, I think the colour palette and aesthetics is perfect for the desert nomad look you're going for and the tent canopy/background props are excellent (And far superior to my attempts), and I'm just overall very impressed with this race mod.

My apologies for the down-voters you seem to be getting from overzealous Avali fans, this mod isn't deserving of that hostility, it's an excellent race mod and stands perfectly on it's own merits.
    1. Aegonian
      Author's Response
      It means a lot to me to have you write this review! I've always considered the Avali to be one of the best mods out there and used it as reference for what a good mod would look like in terms of content, so I'm very glad to see you like the Avikan! It took a lot of time and effort to build and fine-tune everything, so it's really awesome to see the positive responses from the community and from fellow modders!
  13. xzerobeatx
    xzerobeatx
    5/5,
    Version: 1.0
    I know the Avali race came first and I've been playing with it for a while now. but one thing Ive noticed about the Avali is that the Clothes are lame and the overall design seems to be "too much" "Flamboyant" even. I like the art style of the Avikan way more. the sprites don't seem as jumbles and hard to look at. not to mention the central theme is nice and the clothes are really cool in a nomadic kind of way. (great for making a Jedi)

TL:DR The Avikan are way easier to look at both in costume, character design and overall theme. They do the nomad theme better, and their clothes don't look like they come from a different universe. Good job, I'm eagerly awaiting that update so I can enjoy this race.....and remove the other one.
  14. Camping Snake
    Camping Snake
    4/5,
    I feel like this mod has massive potential and it's content has had immense amounts of work put into it. However, for me anyway, this mod was destined to fell wrong.
    It may simply be because the Avali were created first, but the two mods feel very similar. There body type and structures feel far too alike.
    However, I assume you get feedback like this quite a bit so I'm going to try to be helpful.
    One peev of mine, is that this race is using bone for weapons for quite some time. As a race that has achieved interstellar flight, this feels very odd. Floran weapons are similarly crude, but for them it seems to make sense.
    I'm not writing this mod off however. I will be watching it for future content.

Your race has one VERY large advantage over the Avali.
    The creator is still working on the mod.

I'm rather excited to see how this progresses.
    Good luck with your mod.
  15. Cyrone85
    Cyrone85
    5/5,
    This mod really drove me to start playing Starbound again. Absolutely loved everything it brings to the game. Especially all of the structural pieces for building. (I tend to play a lot of desert themed characters across various games so this really fit my wants). I hope to see this mod updated for the most recent update soon. Keep up the great work on it!
  16. Harakhti
    Harakhti
    5/5,
    Think of this as Avali's stepsister. A refreshing experience with a non-bipedal race, and while there may seem to be many similarities, this is clearly an inspired and developed concept as well. I urge that people give it a try.
  17. otisjasmodeus
    otisjasmodeus
    5/5,
    while the similarities to the avali are definitely there, they work together quite nicely, and I like to think (havent found any codex entry's yet) that they were born on a nearby star, or close proximity planet to the avali, hence the anatomical similarities, and nomadic life style, but they still compete with one another for territory. had a great encounter on a wasteland world with 1 avali camp, and one avakin camp, and an avali grave in between the 2 camps. really well done, cant wait to see it develop further, though I think its already a really good addon.
  18. TimeCraked
    TimeCraked
    5/5,
    I absolutely love this race. And they mesh really well with all the other race mods I play with, making this even better for me. Custom Ships, building resources, it's own tiering system... This mod has everything you could want in a race mod. 5/5 :)
  19. slamina3
    slamina3
    5/5,
    Great mod I'm waiting for the new update!
  20. zBound
    zBound
    5/5,
    This is the best race mod ever! I say this mod is better than the avali, I love the vanity items and all the new blocks and structures. I am patiently awaiting ur next mod!