1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated Energy Shield 1.2

Metal shields are so last millennium - try this one

1. Soraph
    Shields are not futuristic enough? This one surely is.

You can build it at the robotic crafting table

[​IMG]

As you see it extends when used

Updates:
    v1.1 Added "humming" noise found it fitting (and wanted to know if something like this is possible...)

v1.2 Added 2 pixelated versions of the original item (both temporary at 1 pixel), because i felt a gap between the style of the game an that multicolor transparent item. Let me know what you think and if I should add more to the color palette.

[​IMG]
    vs
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    You must get the author's consent before including this mod in a compilation.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    Anyone can alter/redistribute the mod's assets without the author's consent.
    Sern and chewfaimau like this.

Recent Updates

1. Pixelation
  2. Energy Shield
  3. Energy Shield

Recent Reviews

1. L3W
    L3W
    5/5,
    Version: 1.2
    I would like to see more colors for the shields. Also can you make it so the shield changes colors when you energy is depleted. For example, a blue energy shield will turn red when you're at low energy (between 0-3 bars maybe). If you can somehow do that then that would be awesome. I hope eventually this mod can become so great that it actually gets added in the vanilla game :)
  2. Kelgore
    Kelgore
    5/5,
    Version: 1.2
    A wonderful alternative for the races that seem like they would have such advanced technology with a nostalgic feel, like the Hylotl! Not to mention it makes the energy depletion from blocking actually makes sense.
  3. etherealblade
    etherealblade
    5/5,
    Version: 2014-01-29
    A great step in the right direction. I'm looking forward to the day we get a bubble shield tech that deflects dmg and eats energy.
    1. Soraph
      Author's Response
      i was thinking about that too but feared it would make shields useless when you can carry a 2hd weapon and be shielded at the same time.
      I will play around with it - maybe it's just a question of energy balance