1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated Enhanced Gore 1.1

Adds blood splash on foreground, a bleeding effect, and new, gory hit animations!

1. Lupus Alifer
    Feedback and suggestions appreciated - Please send me your latest .log files with any bug reports.

Features:

Hit animations
    - redrawn for organic and robotic.
    Monster explosion - keeping in the "pop" theme.
    Blood splash - for custom and now existing vanilla damage particles!
    Bleeding effect - caused by most, if not all, sharp weapons - with the exception of specials and mod weapons with custom projectile and damage types

EG12.gif

Installation:

Always remove old version first. Unzip to /Starbound/giraffe_storage/mods. May clash with other mods that overwrite hit animation files. All vanilla edits are unobtrusive patches.

In progress:

Grinding wheel
    - apply bleeding effect to any thrown or held weapon, dull by default. I may need help with this...

Notes:

Bleeding effect is patched into vanilla .damage files that seem appropriate.
    Monster explosions seem to rotate based on a function or simply random. If anyone can help me fix that I could make some pretty gory pixel animations... I'm new to pixel art, JSON and Lua.

Regards, Lupus Alifer

Recent Reviews

1. NorthUniverse
    NorthUniverse
    4/5,
    Version: 1.1
    really loving this, but would also love an update
    1. Lupus Alifer
      Author's Response
      When they give me a finished game, I will give you an awesome enhanced gore mod.
  2. Lᴜ̶̸ɴᴀ̶̸ BadgεЯ
    Lᴜ̶̸ɴᴀ̶̸ BadgεЯ
    5/5,
    Version: 1.1
    Just what I needed to go with my Ninja RP. I got no qualms about throwing weapons not making blood splatter, although dripping would be awesome.
    1. Lupus Alifer
      Author's Response
      It will happen, when I finally get Starbound v1.0. They keep changing things in the engine and its shitting me off. They've even redone the vanilla blood effects and hit sparks. So i'll just wait and fix what I don't like in the final version of the game later this year.
  3. DragonZombie
    DragonZombie
    4/5,
    Version: beta v1 wip
    Makes the game more bloody, loving this!
  4. Death Harbinger
    Death Harbinger
    3/5,
    Version: beta v1 wip
    Wanna see how its going to be like when it's finally finished! Good mod m8
    1. Lupus Alifer
      Author's Response
      check out version 1.1!