1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Familiars Race 2.51

Glowing Fuzzballs in Space

1. Bitcoon
    Familiars Race
    Playable species mod for Starbound Beta v. 1.3
    Created by Bitcoon

Alternate Download Link

[​IMG]

Description
    ----------------------------------
    The Familiars mod lets you play as my own little creations - a race of fuzzy glow dudes made physical by magical forces beyond their understanding.
    The sprites for this mod were made from scratch, so this race is decidedly shorter in stature and somewhat differently shaped than other races.
    However, this species is fully compatible with others.

Features
    -Fully custom sprite work (created from the ground up)
    -Tons of colors and styles to choose from (2 fur colors, plus glow color, many options for each)
    -Compatible with other species mods
    -gets unique dialogue from every vanilla race
    -Nifty respawn animation
    -Custom namegen

Installation
    1. Find a character creation extension mod, or use the (non-updated for new UI elements but still functional) Xander Kau mod included in the zip file. I personally recommend Kawa's "Xbox mode" one, as it's tested and works right with the new updates.
    Note: you can run this mod without an extension mod alongside it, but you will not be able to select a familiar as your character.

2. Find your Starbound installation's mod directory. On Steam, the default is C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\Starbound\mods

3. Extract the contents of "Starbound Familiars Mod.zip" into the mods directory. The folder structure should be mods\familiar\... so make sure it isn't mods\blahblah\familiar\...

4. Enjoy!

Be Aware
    ---------------------------------

-The sprites are shorter than most races, so you may have to hide your armor. Transparent vanity items are given at the start, so you can hide anything that doesn't look right.

Contact Info
    ---------------------------------

thebitcoon at gmail dot com
    Twitter - @Bitcoon
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    Anyone can use this mod in their mod compilation without the author's consent.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    Anyone can alter/redistribute the mod's assets without the author's consent.

Recent Updates

1. Quick fix for mechs
  2. Big old balance and content update!
  3. Quick fix

Recent Reviews

1. FOX KING
    FOX KING
    5/5,
    Version: 2.51
    Solo me gustarĂ­an mas colores. :V Eso seria bueno..... =D
  2. SteampunkFireflies
    SteampunkFireflies
    5/5,
    This is an excellent mod. The system works smoothly, and the customization options are great! Great work! This is my favorite mod ever. :D
  3. Reexion
    Reexion
    5/5,
    Amazing!!
  4. Yoshor
    Yoshor
    5/5,
    Version: 2.5
    Amazing work ! Love them <3 So cute !
  5. Necrovzla
    Necrovzla
    5/5,
    Version: 2.5
    Amazingly, I'll wait every update, I love this race, still with this great race, 5 star
  6. The QQQQ
    The QQQQ
    5/5,
    Version: 2.0.1
    GLORIOUS SPECIES
  7. Hex_Mage
    Hex_Mage
    5/5,
    Version: 1.12
    I Absolutely love this mode keep up the AMAZING work!
  8. TheSgtVodka
    TheSgtVodka
    5/5,
    Great mod, just can't wait for it to be updated.
  9. Ja'Skar
    Ja'Skar
    5/5,
    BEST MOD EVER! 11/10
  10. toby109tt
    toby109tt
    2/5,
    cool Mod but you could improve the pixel art :p