1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

FrackinUniverse 6.4.22

Enhance your starbound experience in every area. Massive mod.

1. many, many changes

sayter
    Tons of small changes this time, including several long-running issues that have now been crushed under our (me and ren) bootheels. Mostly, you'll notice efficiency increased and the complete overhaul of the batteries working nicely. There are still refinements to make on the power changes, but it's a definite improvement. I figured I would push this out for the weekend rather than make you wait for a few minor adjustments to it.

As per most large updates: Read these notes or you'll likely...
  2. Clothing, Dungeons and Recipe Adjustments

sayter
    Sorry for the slew of updates lately. Part of the joy of being laid off is having free time...and I've been doing little else but FU for the last week or so. I'll be dialing back a bit now though, since the bulk of what had to be done is completed.

-removed the hidden .git directory from the modpack version. This will reduce the file size quite a bit (those files amounted to 100 megs! At least now I know where the mystery size came from!)

the Clothing Fabricator now has...
    UncleSam-Cat and Lindazana like this.
  3. small corrections...and a few new things too.

sayter
    So, I missed a few recipe adjustments with the update (can you blame me? 200+ recipes changed !) and those are now corrected so you can create them again.

Additionally, a few new things that didn't quite make 3.57:

added in resources from Nightly and worked them into recipes

mutavisk thread can now be built on the spinning wheel as well as the chem lab

volatile powder can be obtained by extracting core fragment ore

the Clothing...
  4. 3.57... a big one!

sayter
    while there isn't much "new" content, per se, with this update...there are an absolute ton of changes and fixes. Be sure to read this update log or you'll be sorry. I'll be ignoring any and all issues that are answered in these notes.

Also, the mod is getting quite large. I'll be doing optimization soon.

Stations/Crafting

decommisioned: Power Press: The power press no longer has any...
  5. 3.56

sayter
    - you’ll find a “new” station, an upgrade to the xeno lab. It is temporarily using a sprite from theblackmarket, but this will change soon once I have time to do up a custom station.

- aquapod and vorit both have had maxImmersion swapped to minImmersion. They should plant more logically now.

- golden sea sponge now requires 50% or more immersion in water

- golden sea sponge should now appear in Tidewater biomes

- corrected a few changed sounds on weapons (micro-rocket 1 and 2, and...
  6. hotfix! (and a couple new microdungeons)

sayter
    replaced elder cultist ruins microdungeons with new ones. And the monsters arent invisible, or just standing there like idiots!

fixed some minor issues with recipes

fixed some xenostation extracts

fixed broken wiring in Shoggoth Dungeon making lower temple inaccessible.
  7. 3.55

sayter
    This update brings with it a number of fixes, adjustments and general improvements. As usual, plenty more to come. However, I've got a lot of crap going on IRL at the moment so things will be a bit slower for a short while.

Biomes

- improved Jungledirt 1 and Jungledirt2 tiles

- slightly changed marestone hue, and reduced saturation.

- proto dirt, shale and stone tiles are now less saturated in color

- all...
  8. Tweaky Goodness. Minor fixes, etc.

sayter
    some fixes , more than anything else, to patch up some errors over the holidays. I'm still doing family stuff and taking some personal time over the next 8 days or so, but please inform of any issues encountered.

Fixed a few screwed up recipes still relying on old gene names that no longer exist

Fixed an incorrectly stated follow-up quest

Raw Minerals are now utilized more in recipes. They had almost no use remaining after the plant swap, and that just won’t do. As such, mineral samples...
    jj200275, almedyl, Bovan and 2 others like this.
  9. A Shoggoth For Christmas!

sayter
    My Christmas gift to you guys is essentially ready and completed now! 4 days of work later and a ton of new art assets added over the last couple of days. Its looking really great now!

You can now attempt to survive the Shoggoth mission. This is most definitely a DANGEROUS one. Do not even attempt until you are tier 4 or 5, and even then make sure you come stocked with tons of weapons, healing gear and effect blocking gear and...
  10. SHOGGOTH!!!!!!

sayter
    This update sees the re-integration of the now mostly-complete, rehashed Shoggoth mission.

You'll need a ship level of at least 4, and have to have completed the Kelp quest. At that point the quest will be available at the Science Outpost. You'll die quite a bit, I'm sure. I estimate a 30 minute completion time, at least. There are some complicated switch bits in there but nothing you'll be too stumped by. However, FINDING some of the switches may be a problem.

Keep at eye out in the Lab...
    Pix2100 likes this.