1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

FrackinUniverse 6.4.22

Enhance your starbound experience in every area. Massive mod.

1. Balance Adjustments - Part 2

sayter
    This is an ongoing battle with balance. This update sees a ton of changes in that regard (all for the better, I promise).

And when the combat update hits, I'll probably need to do even more edits. But at least they'll be easier to do when the weapon damage is already proper.

Note that armors should update automatically to reflect their new stats. Weapons, on the other hand, must be re-crafted to have the new stats.

v2.19...
    Miguel80 likes this.
  2. v2.18

sayter
    Note that there is no way to exit the new mission (Shoggoth dungeon), so you will need to type /admin in order to warp out for the time being (or exit game and relaunch)

This is a rather large update, and a lot has been changed. Much of it is streamlining crafting recipes a bit, but with the addition of new crafting resources. Also, an in-progress dungeon with a boss and a large portion of the Science mod powered stations. Read on for the full list of...
    lordbociek, G.Xyon, Svart815 and 2 others like this.
  3. cloning lab fix

sayter
    you should now be able to craft the cloning lab properly

also added a couple cave backgrounds from nightly. crystal moons have it enabled. more coming.
  4. 2.17

sayter
    - Science Outpost adjustments:

- NPCs have been moved around, and two new additional ones added so that there are no “clones” running around

- new look for the outpost itself, using new tiles

- some additional decoration

- adjusted npc seeds. They should no longer all be doing the same thing, in the same place, at the same time. yay! They do still clump up from time to time, but so to vanilla NPCs , so for now I guess it will have to do.
  5. 2.16

sayter
    Didn't get as much done as I'd have liked, but I'm slowing down for a bit. I've hammered out a LOT of stuff lately. I'm going to take some time to work on the shoggoth boss dungeon now

- this update incorporates a variety of new ambient sound effects for biomes. Rainforest, Primeval, Bog, Bloodstone, Sulphuric, Metallic Moon, Atropus, Tidewater have all got some new tracks to enjoy. Atropus is now creepy as #%^&! I'll need to fine-tune things in terms of volume still, but it's a fantastic...
    Lok1ch, Kircala, Agoraphobian and 7 others like this.
  6. 2.15

sayter
    added icetroll to nitrogensea biomes

added shadowtop to shadow moons. these suckers are annoying.

added tar golem to shadow moons

removed atropus spawns from shadow moons

fixed metal tree crash
  7. shadow biome CTD fix

sayter
    booze now gives a status effect icon instead of using the honey effect icon

honeycomb status icon has been redrawn to not be blurry

bees armor and weapons now appear only on the beestation. Their recipes have also been altered.

added two additional variants to the Barren biome simply to make them a bit less "samey"

added missing animation and particle for breaking shadow objects from nightly. This should fix the CTD

rocky moon biome description should have a more visible color now,...
  8. one more fixy patch

sayter
    Seems Inny must have forgotten to test the starbooze stuff before we published it.

Each and every booze was causing crashes. I've corrected the issues with non-existent stat effects and now all should be well.

If you don't use the Starbooze component, you shouldn't need this patch :)
  9. minor fix

sayter
    - adjusted celestial data. I had some incorrect totals for the dynamic masks in there for the newly incpororated temperate and ocean variants.

- added magical snowland sub-biome to snow, tundra and nitrogensea biomes. It uses various Holiday objects
    Eternalmyst and Everypower like this.
  10. the "core" of the issue

sayter
    - various celestial.config adjustments

-added pus core as a proper core type.

- added biome: lightless atropus. Exactly the same as it’s counterpart but with nearly no light. Found only around Black Stars. I may start adding a ton of "variant" biomes in the immediate future to use in the various temperature zones of the special stars.

- added biome: eden. These worlds are almost always well lit thanks to a bright night. They...
    Eternalmyst, Lindazana and Everypower like this.