You got bugs in your system!
The Gaming Bugs are a species of sapient programming code in the vague shape of humanoid 2D 8-bit pixelated mantises. They are part of an multiversal organization called the GSA and are its second-most powerful faction, making up a large chunk of its military (having "extra lives" really helps in a war!).
Gaming Bugs go through real life as casually as a Human would a video game, and at times seem aware they are in one, making references to things like text-boxes, health points, NPCs and "The higher beings that direct our actions". When arriving at a new location, one can expect them to attempt to start conversations with everyone present. Consent to enter an unlocked house is always assumed by default, and taking the property of another without getting caught is seen as a sign of skill. Protectorate citizens are cautioned to lock up their pottery in a safe place when one is visiting, as many Bugs feel a heavy compulsion to smash fragile things.
Gaming Bugs are greedy and gluttonous by nature and often hoard hundreds of objects regardless of their use, yet just as commonly will gift away their possessions to total strangers.
In conversation, they are prone to dry, sarcastic, blunt, and scandalous speech and can easily strike a nerve, which isn't helped by their frequent swearing. Several members of the snobbier species such as the Hylotl, Glitch, and Apex decry them as bad influences that incite children to become violent.
* The Gaming Bugs have unique scans for just about every object in the game. Can you spot all the references?
* The Gaming Bugs have dialogue with all vanilla species as well as a few custom ones.
* After installing this mod, GSA Enforcers will appear in the outpost.
* Currently starts with some overpowered weapons (Hey, when you're testing, you gotta reset alot).
- Mod Pack Permissions:
- Anyone can use this mod in their mod compilation without the author's consent.
- Mod Assets Permissions:
- You must get the author's consent before altering/redistributing any assets included in this mod.
Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.Dismiss Notice
Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
Gaming Bugs 0.2
Bugs in your system!
- Small update. Jun 29, 2022
- Fix Dec 9, 2021
- Fix Nov 18, 2021