1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

[Glad Giraffe] Silent Underground 1.1

Patches underground biome files so all you hear is the ambient cave noise.

1. TanzNukeTerror
    Silent Underground!
    _

What does it do?
    This mod patches underground biomes so no music plays. This is for those who just want to hear the ambient sound.

But why?
    The previous versions of Starbound didn't play music underground, and a few people wanted this silence back, so I made this mod. c:

Installation and uninstallation:
    To install: Download Silent_Underground.modpak from this page, and put it into your giraffe_storage/mods folder.

To remove: Delete the .modpak from your giraffe_storage/mods folder.

Disclaimer:
    This will not work on planets that have generated before installing this mod. Additionally, planets generated while this mod is installed will not get their underground music back after uninstalling.

Help me out!
    I've done my best to cover everything, but if you find some underground biome that has music, let me know in the discussion section. (I've excluded dungeons, [like the Floran mission] but may include that as an optional .modpak in the future.)

Also, if you enjoy this mod, please leave a rating. It will help me know what people like, and it makes me feel good to have made you happy. c:

Do not alter or redistribute the assets included in this mod.

Recent Updates

1. Glad Giraffe

Recent Reviews

1. suga2010
    suga2010
    5/5,
    Version: 1.0
    Love it! ♥ Thank you for your work! :)
  2. SeniorFight
    SeniorFight
    5/5,
    Version: 1.0
    Does what it says.

Little things like this can change the way we play. We don't need large mods to be happy.

Good job though, i didn't even think that silenced backgrounds would change my feelings while diggin' some diamonds.
    1. TanzNukeTerror
      Author's Response
      Tiny mods are the way to go. c:

Thanks, man. c: