1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Greckan Race Mod v1.2.5a (SB v1.3.3)

Adding A New Race Of Diplomatic Denizens To Your Universe!

1. Inf_Wolf14
    title_medium.png

Adding a new diplomatic denizen to your universe for you to play as! Build, explore, experience what it is to be Greckan!
    AelianaJulian.jpg
    Aeliana and her Fextal, Julien.
    ( Author: Amethystumn )
    greckanvsallok.jpg

A Greckan and Sallok in a heated chess match.
    ( Author: Jareix Cryvix )

The Greckan were covered in a double-spotlight!
    Check out GamingByGaslight's channel

furniture_preview.png

[A Brief Summary of the Greckan]
    Deep in the recesses of the universe, Erchius grows and develops. This resource, highly desired for the development of FTL drives, is more advanced than previously thought.

The events of the Erchius Mining Facility aren't the only occurance of Erchius infecting a host. In fact, a new species has been born of this union. The Greckan have emerged on a quest for knowledge. Knowledge of Erchius, the universe, what they truly are, and why they were created...

Greckan are composed of hybrid, organic-mineral structures. With their crystal features being a side effect of the ability for Erchius to alter their genetic code.

The Greckan value architecture and fine artisan crafts. This is stemming from the social hierarchy that exists due to the crystals that grow from their skulls.

Despite their skilled craft ranging from house wares to exquisite weapons, Greckan value diplomacy above conflict. They retain peace as they continue their hunt for knowledge of the mystery of Erchius and their own existence.​

features_medium.png

[Current Features]
    • A unique, customizable player race!
    • A custom ship! Complete with all tiers of progression in Starbound!
    • ship_preview.gif
    • Greckan codexes, identifiable in your library with a bright magenta text. Icons have an identifiable crystal in the image!
    • Complete Greckan NPCs and villages to find, explore, and experience!

steam_screenshot_2.png steam_screenshot_1.png

• Custom armor tiers and planned weapons!
    • [WIP] Complete object description patches for every object in Starbound! (Customized descriptions planned.)
    • Custom sprited furniture sets, unique to the Greckan!

• scholarbed.png Scholar Bed
      scholarbookcase.png Scholar Bookcase
      scholarcandle.png Scholar Candle
      scholarchair.png Scholar Chair
      scholarclock.png Scholar Clock
      scholardesk.png Scholar Desk
      scholardoor.png Scholar Door
      scholarinkwell.png Scholar Inkwell
      scholarlamp.png Scholar Lamp
      scholarshelf.png Scholar Shelf
      scholartable.png Scholar Table
      scholarwallshelf.png Scholar Wallshelf
      stoneworkbed.png Stonework Bed
      stoneworkbookcase.png Stonework Bookcase
      stoneworkchair.png Stonework Chair
      stoneworkclock.png Stonework Clock
      stoneworklamp.png Stonework Lamp
      stoneworktable.png Stonework Table
      stoneworkwallshelf.png Stonework Wallshelf
    • Greckan tenants can move into colonies you own!
    • Hire Greckan crew members for your ship!
    • [WIP] Custom armor through Tier 4 now!
    • Custom ship pet, the Fextal!
    • Custom respawn animation!

• greckan-respawn-black.gif
      Credit to Jareix Cryvix for the .gif!
    • [WIP] Unique, visitable Greckan homeworld city, Da'at!​

steam_screenshot_3.png

[Planned Features]
    • Finished ship tier 8 to round out the progression entirely.
    • Custom Greckan tenants and villagers, complete with Greckan villages.
    • Finished, custom, object description patches for every basic object in Starbound.
    • Finish armor tiers through the accelerator, manipulator, and separator tiers.
    • Some very, very fun weapons with some highly unique, balanced, and custom abilities.
    • Custom Greckan respawn animation.
    • Greckan Golemancy! Awesome functionalities to make a unique experience.
    • (Literally anything else that I may want/What is suggested to me.

installation_medium.png

• This mod requires the installation of a compatible race extender. (My recommended extender is Kawa's Xbawks-Mode Character Creator)
    • Copy/Move the downloaded, corresponding "GreckanRaceMod_X.X.Xx.pak" file to either:
    Code:
          Stable:
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Starbound\mods\"

Unstable/Nightly:
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Starbound - Unstable\mods\"

• Select and open either "Starbound" or "Starbound - Unstable"
    • Select the Greckan race in character selection, and play the game!
    • Alternatively, if you wish, there is a Steam Workshop release for Starbound Stable. :)

bugreports_medium.png

[Find a Bug?]
    Attach your 'starbound.log' in the discussion tab with a summary of what you were doing at the time! This is VERY IMPORTANT!​
    Code:
          Stable:
    "C:/Program Files(x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Starbound/storage/starbound.log"
          Unstable/Nightly:
    "C:/Program Files(x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Starbound - Unstable/storage/starbound.log"

I can't fix a bug that I cannot find! ;)

[Notice!]
    The reviews section at the bottom of this page is for legitimate reviews concerning the concept of this mod.

Reviews are NOT the place to report bugs.
    Any unreasonable/unjustified review WILL be deleted!
    Use the 'Discussion' tab for such things!

credits_medium.png

• Chucklefish, for the very game you're here downloading mods for.
    • Jareix Cryvix, for support behind the scenes for an enormous amount of things and also for his art above!
    • Relten, for various little things that have inspired me to keep moving forward!
    • Iris Blanche for letting me use a portion of her code to make the clocks function.
    • AlbertoRota for his Golemancer Core Scripts.
    • Amethystumn for the amazing concept art!
    • The entirety of the Starbound community for making every day great!

[Want to Help?]
    Do you like this race? Shoot me, Inf_Wolf14, a message!

Send me an offer or even some of your work on the mod. I'll discuss it with you, and we both may see it added to the main mod!
    :)

[Dead-Author Clause]
    In the event that this mod continues without update, and attempts to contact me, Inf_Wolf14, go unanswered, rights to this mod fall upon remaining member of its development team as listed in the metadata, by order of contribution.
    Should one or more, inheriting, authors be also deemed unreachable, succession falls down the list until, ultimately, being released to the public.
    Rights forementioned include the right to modify, alter, and redistribute the assets without my permission until the time at which I, the author, Inf_Wolf14, or another of the development team return and choose to retain ownership of said assets.

charpreview.png

~Inf_Wolf14
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    Anyone can use this mod in their mod compilation without the author's consent.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    You must get the author's consent before altering/redistributing any assets included in this mod.

Recent Updates

1. Clarification Update
  2. Hotfix
  3. Compatibility Update to 1.3.1

Recent Reviews

1. GrVT-ChILd
    GrVT-ChILd
    5/5,
    Version: v1.2.5a (SB v1.3.3)
    Some missing text when scanning but other wise pretty darn solid.
  2. Omega_Flowely
    Omega_Flowely
    5/5,
    Version: v1.2.5a (SB v1.3.3)
    Looks cool, unusual for starbound. But that's because nice.
    I'm reminded about anime Houseki no Kuni
  3. Joolemecow_The_Fox
    Joolemecow_The_Fox
    5/5,
    Version: v1.2.2c (SB v1.2.1)
    esta muy bueno el mod
  4. Charlatan
    Charlatan
    5/5,
    Version: v1.1.7a (SB v1.1.1)
    I don't usually keep using custom race mods after checking them out, but this obviously shows dedication and care for detail, very nice!

Now wish me luck, hope these Greckan are not aggressive, because these strange crystals just ask to be poked and prodded out of curiosity.
    1. Inf_Wolf14
      Author's Response
      Thanks for the review. I plan to continue adding content for time to come.
      And just be careful when prodding, they're probably more curious about you than you are of them. ;)
  5. 404UNF
    404UNF
    5/5,
    Version: 1.1.4b (SB v1.1.1)
    This mod is nice. In fact, these are on the few mods that caught my eye just looking at its name, and thumbnail. I also like the consistent updates, which shows how much the author cares for the mod. Anyways, good job and keep it up! :)
    1. Inf_Wolf14
      Author's Response
      Thanks for the review! If you have any suggestions, ideas, or bugs to report, feel free to drop a post over I the 'Discussion' tab.
  6. Roskii Heiral
    Roskii Heiral
    5/5,
    Version: 1.0.8c (Cheerful Giraffe)
    Looks amazing so far =3 I love the gem and eye details on the faces! Thanks for all the work you put into them!
    1. Inf_Wolf14
      Author's Response
      Thanks for the kind words! I really need to get more crystal/hair styles though... Too little combinations. :3
  7. oOFAITHOo
    oOFAITHOo
    5/5,
    Version: 1.0.1b (CheerfulGiraffe)
    ( ' _ ' ), this is good, like seriously, it's good.
    1. Inf_Wolf14
      Author's Response
      Thank you my fine sir. Just released the Steam Workshop version if you want automatic updates. (Ignore the comments about pictures... I never wanted to do Steam anyways...)
  8. Jareix Cryvix
    Jareix Cryvix
    5/5,
    Version: 0.9.81c (CheerfulGiraffe)
    First time I've seen a weapon use shift. can't wait to see it blow up like many other awesome race mods. Keep up the good work. If someone tells you to stop, tell them it helps develop good work habits as consistency.
    1. Inf_Wolf14
      Author's Response
      Wha....!? You reviewed me before I reviewed you? UNACCEPTABLE! I must go restore balance!
      (Thank you however! :3)
  9. Utkudakid
    Utkudakid
    5/5,
    Version: 0.9.67 (Cheerful Giraffe)
    Is there any furniture for now?Anyways,lovely mod.
    1. Inf_Wolf14
      Author's Response
      Thanks, and yeah, lol. I've already added at least two furniture sets with almost a couple dozen pieces.
  10. VeryDoge
    VeryDoge
    5/5,
    Version: 0.9.67 (Cheerful Giraffe)
    Seeing this mod grow is very inspiring. Updates are consistent, and adds even more content per new version! Can't wait till this hits beta.
    1. Inf_Wolf14
      Author's Response
      Thanks for the review! Actually, the mod IS in beta, so I think you meant when it leaves beta. :P