1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Grimmkin Species 1.0

Play as the Grimmkin, a Hollow Knight inspired species!

1. thelegendarymrbob
    What are the Grimmkin? That's quite the complicated question, one not even the most intelligent of Hylotl researchers have been able to answer. Are they moths? Bats? Perhaps even cats? All that's known for certain is that they're insectoid to a degree, and have some sort of connection to an entity known as the Nightmare Heart... oh, and they're quite, ah, prone to accidental arson.

--------------------------------------------------------

Well met, my friend. Well met.

This mod allows you to play as a species heavily based on Grimm from the game Hollow Knight! (Seriously, go check it out! Absolutely incredible game!)
    What does this mod include? Well, I'm glad you asked!

-One new species, the Grimmkin! They come in all sorts of colors and varieties, so have fun playing with colors and horn styles!

-A full set of racial armors, all fitted for the Grimmkin's rather slender bodies.

-A fun variety of fire-based spells, and an upgradeable nail to keep with you!

-A few new furniture items, with more hopefully on the way!

-A custom respawn animation!

-Custom scan descriptions for every item in the game!

-Other miscellaneous things I've forgotten about!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    ----------------------------------------------------

INSTALLATION:

It should be as simple as dropping the .pak file into your Starbound mod folder!

------------------------------------------------------

I do hope you enjoy playing about with my first proper venture into modding! If you spot any issues, typos, or something that just feels incorrect, please let me know so I can fix it!
    Many thanks to DrPvtSkittles for the race template, I doubt I would've been able to figure this out otherwise.

Hollow Knight belongs to Team Cherry, no copyright infringement is intended.
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    Anyone can use this mod in their mod compilation without the author's consent.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    You must get the author's consent before altering/redistributing any assets included in this mod.
    Cinder_97 and Saint Apollyon like this.

Recent Reviews

1. Siksong
    Siksong
    5/5,
    Version: 1.0
    Just got to give some love to this mod. It is very well made, and plays perfectly with it's theme. Firstly, the race has unique dialogue, which is surprisingly not as common as onw might think. Secondly, the little details added, which I certainly won't spoil, give a nice touch and build the race's personality beautifully. Lastly, it's a well balanced and extremely thought out mod, and it certainly is perfect for any who love the game/Troupe from which it's based. All in all, this amazing mod is definitely worth a shot, even if you don't know Hollow Knight (which if this is the case, definitely check it out), and is very pleasing for some like myself who love it.
  2. Kristof_Playz
    Kristof_Playz
    5/5,
    Version: 1.0
    Love it!