1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Hange's Energy Blades 1.1.0

For those who think just one laser broadsword isn't enough.

1. Hange
    Hange's Energy Blades

Special Thanks
    Silverfeelin and Reno_fezzed_one for helping me with getting started modding, pointing me to useful tools, and assisting with troubleshooting.

Inf_Wolf14 for helping me with two critical portions of the mod - explaining why the blades weren't rendering in the animation and why the abilities weren't appearing on the weapons.

About The Mod
    What started as a learning exercise flourished into what you see before you. This mod adds 4 new, differently colored energy broadswords - one for each of the end-game ores - that feature extending blades, their own particles, and a fancy flipping slash. It's working as intended on the current stable version of the game!

Because they aren't yet craftable, do /admin and then /spawnitem <itemName> 1 to get them. Depending on the color you want, the item names are aeblade, feblade, seblade, or veblade for aegisalt, ferozium, solarium, and violium respectively. Do keep in mind that /admin is the game's godmode, of sorts, so re-enter the command to turn it off and resume normal gameplay!

Installation
    Download the mod, and extract the folder to your /Starbound/mods folder.

Do be careful to delete the previous version before updating to prevent any issues!

Incompatibilities
    None currently known!

Known Issues
    None currently!
    The blades retract slightly out of alignment with the hilt.

To Do
    Add crafting recipes
    Properly align retraction animations
    (Possibly) Edit art assets to better reflect materials
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    You must get the author's consent before including this mod in a compilation.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    You must get the author's consent before altering/redistributing any assets included in this mod.

Recent Updates

1. Properly aligned blades!

Recent Reviews

1. calyps
    calyps
    5/5,
    Version: 1.1.0
    Really cool, maybe add a red, and one-handed version can be great too.
  2. Psychoman53
    Psychoman53
    5/5,
    Version: 1.1.0
    WOOO! I feel like a jedi, awesome mod! Also, could you make 1-handed versions in the future?