1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated height fitted mining tools 1.1

increases default mining size to 4 blocks

1. lornlynx
    Height Fitted Mining Tools
    (v. upbeat giraffe)
    This mod is outdated and won't be updated any more due to several reasons (unless by popular demand). Thank you all for feedback!
    Description:
    Changes the size of the mining tools (pickaxes, drills, and Jemguitar) diameter to 4 from 3, so you only need to mine in one swipe to make a hole big enough for your character to walk through.
    Personally I think that the default size is fine and also is good for the games balance and the gameplay, but I saw someone on reddit saying that it bothered him and I thought that no one should be bothered by such a thing when it can simply be changed with a mod.
    It might be a bit overpowered because you can go through weak blocks very fast, but time will have to tell.
    I've now also made what I deem a balanced version of a 4-brick tools mod, you can download it here: Mining Tools +

yep, that's all it does :D

Installation:
    Simply extract the file into your Starbound/giraffe_storage/mods/ folder.

Preview:
    [​IMG]

My other mods:
    forum_additional_mods.png forum_additional_mods.png forum_additional_mods.png forum_additional_mods.png

I hope you enjoy this little gimmick. If you have any suggestions or found any bugs, please tell me, I will gladly read them and consider their usefulness! Any criticism is also highly desired! HF!
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    Anyone can use this mod in their mod compilation without the author's consent.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    Anyone can alter/redistribute the mod's assets without the author's consent.
    1 person likes this.

Recent Updates

1. upbeat giraffe release
  2. removed laserminer tool

Recent Reviews

1. Cylek
    Cylek
    5/5,
    Version: 1.1
    Honestly, I think it's perfectly balanced, as it consumes more durability for mining more blocks at once. Also is this supposed to affect the MM?
    1. lornlynx
      Author's Response
      It is, but I think I will mae it the exception. And the durability is also a good point, but everyone needs to decide for himself if it is balanced.
  2. Granny789
    Granny789
    5/5,
    I find the 3 block mining irritating too. It seams to take just as long to break one block as it does 9 blocks so having just one in your way is a pain. This mod is great and just what I needed.
  3. Altered_Nova
    Altered_Nova
    4/5,
    A very nice mod, though I do feel a bit guilty using it since it's kind of a small cheat. It seems you feel the same way as well. Perhaps you could balance this buff by increasing the resource cost of all pickaxes and drills by 50% or so or making them a bit slower atbreaking the blocks?
    1. lornlynx
      Author's Response
      yes, this is one of the disadvantages, I wanted to balance the mining-rate but I can't do because the one-and 4block share the same. Making them more expensive might be possible but it would still feel a bit akward. If you want to have a more balanced version though, I also have a mining tools + mod, which I will probably update to upbeat giraffe next days, where you can upgrade your mining tools to 4 block radius for some additional cost.
  4. SuicidalKid
    SuicidalKid
    5/5,
    Version: 1.01
    Yes, yes, and yes again. I hated slightly moving my mouse to fit through tunnels >.<
  5. TheWhiskyGhost
    TheWhiskyGhost
    5/5,
    It's really useful
  6. starboundish
    starboundish
    5/5,
    For a long time I've played with the normal tools Starbound provided. However when I reached endgame I wanted to explore faster and the normal 3x3 tools seemed annoying. So I gave this a try and I'm very content with it. Thank you lornlynx!
  7. Xyrov
    Xyrov
    5/5,
    Very convenient
  8. Stargazer Killa
    Stargazer Killa
    5/5,
    This isn't a thing you need but is very cool and I think its a nice way to dig faster!
  9. HalfMiner
    HalfMiner
    5/5,
    Version: 1.0
    Fixing this little thing? Great!
    Thinking about reasons why it is as it is Awsome!
    Thinking about other, may not known, users? Incredible!

5 stars for you!

To the mod: It does what it should do, changing the mined area to 4 blocks in height
  10. Levatine
    Levatine
    5/5,
    Version: 1.0
    There will never be a time where I will not be using this.