1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Historical Armor and Clothing 1.36

Provides a bunch of vanity items inspired by actual historical armaments and clothes.

1. alexhei1
    What does this mod contain?

This mod adds a custom workbench and new dyeable vanity items, that are inspired by actual armaments and clothes from the past history of humanity, for all body slots with different variations.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Before you continue reading!

Look below the description for a few images of this mod's armor!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How do I download this mod?

Just drop the downloaded zip-file into your "mods" folder that is found in Starbound's main folder and extract it there.

How do I craft these items?

The workbench I added is called "Historical Workbench" (outlined in red colour in the picture below) and can be found in the "Inventor's Table" (Tier 1).

[​IMG]

With this workbench you will be able to purchase the new vanity items. There is no need for other materials.
    Yes I know, it doesn't make much sense to buy items from a workbench but it is much more convenient than gathering materials from your chest/s and bringing them to the workbench.

What about dyes?

I already mentioned that dyes do work. Although it is not actually limited to dyes from vanilla Starbound. Custom dyes like those from "Green's Dye Suite" (link to the author's profile under "Special thanks to...") or any other mod that adds dyes should work just fine.
    Additionally, I also coloured parts of the name and description from the items yellow to indicate what is dyeable.

Here you can see that the word "Plumed" is coloured yellow and is the part of this helmet that can be dyed.
    [​IMG]

And here the word "Sallet" (the name of the helmet) is coloured yellow, therefore the helmet itself but not the plume is dyeable.
    [​IMG]

What about compatibility?

This mod should be compatible with anything, since all it does is adding entirely custom items and does not modify any of Starbound's files. I also made sure to make the "itemnames" (the name that identifies an item in the files) of this mod's items unique to avoid any duplicates that could crash Starbound

Is it safe to uninstall this mod mid-game?

Mostly, yes. BUT if you leave, let's say, a mannequin or the "Historical Workbench" on your ship or a planet and teleport there, then there might be an error or the game crashes. Fortunately, if you visit the place, where you crashed before, again, all the items from my mod should either be removed or replaced with a "Perfectly Generic Item". If the problem persists, it is likely another mod that crashes your game. Check Starbound's log (Google where to find it if you do not know where to find the log) to see if my mod is the culprit of those crashes to be absolutely sure.

In order to avoid these issues entirely, I recommend you to trash all the items from my mod before you uninstall this mod.

I found an issue / inconsistency! What should I do?

Just leave a comment with a detailed description of what is wrong and what items are victim to the issue.

What could be an issue?
    Crashes, inconsistent colouring between variants of the same type, not being able to dye an item, missing items, falsely coloured text and grammatical errors.

If there are any other issues you might discover, do tell me!

You think something could be improved? Tell me via a comment and we'll discuss it if necessary.

Do you have any plans for this mod?

There are no plans for now as I'm working on another project.

Can I contribute in any way?

I'm not currently taking any suggestions.

You could contribute to this mod by creating your own items and sending them to me.
    This is in no way an order or any sort of obligation but I [strike]am really desperate[/strike] would be grateful for your help and I will credit you in the description here and the armor if you wish so.

If you can sprite but have no idea how to implement them, I will take over the implementation of your armor so you won't have to deal with all that coding-business.

I may be going way overhead with this whole contribution thing but it probably cannot hurt to try.

Special thanks go to...

DrPvtSkittles for creating the crafting station template that I used as the base for my custom workbench.
    FelisMoonie for providing a template for custom armor that i used to create my vanity items with.
    0x00FF00 for telling me how to make my vanity items work with custom dyes.
    The people from the Whisteria Whiskers Discord Server for providing me feedback with the style of my items.

You have reached the end of this description!

Now that you read or at least skimmed over this monster of a description I want to thank you for reading or maybe even downlaoding this mod!

Now go and take your eyes off of here, you probably want to do something else now!​

[​IMG]

This is a joke because Kastenbrust literally translates to box-shaped chest. This is not funny? Oh well, I apologize...
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    Anyone can use this mod in their mod compilation without the author's consent.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    Anyone can alter/redistribute the mod's assets without the author's consent.

Images

1. Historical Armor and Clothing Thumbnail.png
    2. Sallets.png
    3. Great Helms.png
    4. Armets.png
    5. 367540_20220226094228_1.png
    6. Kastenbrust.png
    7. Lamellar Armor.png
    8. Lorica Segmentata and Imperial Gallic.png
    9. Gambeson.png
    10. Surcoats.png
    11. Tunic (Top).png
    12. Tunic (Bottom).png
    13. Miscellaneus Headwear.png
    14. Longskirts.png
    15. 367540_20220226103405_1.png
    16. 367540_20220226103303_1.png
    17. 367540_20220226103313_1.png
    18. 367540_20220226102537_1.png
    19. 367540_20220226102530_1.png
    20. 367540_20220226095748_1.png
    21. 367540_20220226094048_1.png

Recent Reviews

1. Yata XV
    Yata XV
    5/5,
    Version: 1.36
    WOOOO HISTORY HELL YEAH

also a suggestion if you're even still paying any attention to the mod, what about the Winged Hussar, you know, wings?
    1. alexhei1
      Author's Response
      Thank you for our interest, but I consider this mod in its current state as done. I'm working on another, much bigger project that I'd like to focus on.
  2. cumspoon
    cumspoon
    5/5,
    Version: 1.36
    amazing mod by amazing modder what can ı say ı LOVE mediaval stuff and this mod is top tier :)
  3. Batukahunoncu
    Batukahunoncu
    5/5,
    Version: V1.1 (fixed)
    amazing always love mediavel style mods you are my hero man btw are you gonna add more armor and helmets ı really love to see more of your good creation but of course ı know it must be hard take your time it deserves more than 5 star
    1. alexhei1
      Author's Response
      As you might have noticed there are two other helmets, a bascinet and a regular armet, already available but i do plan to add more variations of said helmets and probably a greathelm too. Though it might take a while before I get to those since I have other priorities right now.
      That said, look out for a new update today! It'll add a few weapons for your waist (as back items) those being a rapier, a regular sword and an axe, collars that go well with capes, empty scabbards and a few coifs as well.
  4. vbueno21
    vbueno21
    5/5,
    Version: 1.05
    looks pretty good! i'm downloading to check it out