1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Hull Plating Blocks & More 35.0 (Concrete Tileset)

Blocks that resemble parts from ship backgrounds, plus some other odds and ends.

1. Archilyte
    Archilyte
    5/5,
    Version: 35.0 (Concrete Tileset)
    YASSSSSS! Finally, just the mod I need for my opulent (violium) spaceship!
    1. simulatoralive
      Author's Response
  2. Chibi
    Chibi
    5/5,
    Does this work with 1.0? I really hope so, it's a great mod!
    1. simulatoralive
      Author's Response
      Theoretically most of it should still work. The main issue will be the recipes for everything, since they replaced all of the crafting stations.

All I can say is, try it. You should still be able to spawn in blocks, tools and objects with admin commands, I think, but I have not tested. I'm not modding or even playing Starbound anymore.
  3. TheFloranChef
    TheFloranChef
    5/5,
    One of my favorite mods. Thanks!
  4. LazerRay
    LazerRay
    5/5,
    This is the perfect mod for those who like to customize everything and like the have a variety of options.

I enjoyed being able to change out all the background blocks of my ship and having access to more parts as needed (mainly doors and lockers).

Please don't let Hull Plating Blocks die because a bunch of cry-babies "need" a crafting station for everything, that is what the search bar and filters are for.

If simulatoralive still plans to leave, hopefully someone can salvage this mod after the big Starbound update, or we will be stuck with boring looking ships/buildings again.
    1. simulatoralive
      Author's Response
      There is no "still plans to leave". I'm done with this mod. I have been for quite some time, now. I will not work on it again. The Starbound community is free to pick up where I left off.
  5. GeoGraf
    GeoGraf
    5/5,
    The mod is really Fantastic but there is a small problem

You updated too much and quickly xD
    May I see but it is too confusing for the updates and version history.
    I do not see what version of what is gameversion
    Could you add the compatibility of the versions of the game?

With warm greetings Geo :)
    1. simulatoralive
      Author's Response
      I don't entirely understand what you're asking, but anything from version 34.2 or higher of this mod is Glad Giraffe compatible.
  6. Alucard I
    Alucard I
    2/5,
    The variety is huge, but they are all basically recolors. While it adds a lot of creativity to any player's playthrough, it's a pain to use it, due to some materials being rare, incoherent list of craftables, that clusters the usual work bench, so it becomes hard to find ANYTHING BUT blocks from this mod, and, I'll give you that, no use, except if you want fancy looks for something.
    I recommend this mod only for those, who want to play Starbound just for building. Exclusively. Do not install this mod, if you just want to see what you can do. It's an absolute mess, and you will regret it.
    P.S. Dear author, you put a lot of work into that mod. At least spend some time on making a crafting bench exclusively for items from your mod.
    1. simulatoralive
      Author's Response
      I considered a crafting station for quite some time and decided against it, for a multitude of reasons, the first being that it will kill the play balance I've setup, unless I add at least five new crafting stations, which would in turn infuriate people for an entirely different reason.

As for rare materials, I've been trying to add a tileset for nearly every crafting material in the game, so you can do something other than make armor with them. While it is true that you need a teleporter core to get started with this mod, that's a logical requirement for the Instant Mail Catalog.

I have been holding off on moving the craft anywhere portions of this mod to the Anvil/Metalwork Station/Replicator, to give people the opportunity to comment on it in the discussion thread. No one has commented much at all, so I guess I'll just go ahead and do it.

There will be a station for the large number of Storage Lockers, but I've yet to decide on a name or an approach to the artwork.
  7. Zoomah
    Zoomah
    5/5,
    Version: 34.0 (Spray Paint)
    This mod was a simple addition of some blocks at first, but grew into something amazing. It always flashes me when you find new creative ideas and add them in. Keep up the great work!
  8. Nassak
    Nassak
    5/5,
    Version: 33.7 (Final Tool Fix)
    Amazing mod! I cant even play without this, the art is great and so much variation :D Dunno why, but Steel Cobblestone is CTD right now for me? No problem though, so much else to do!
    1. simulatoralive
      Author's Response
      If CTD = Crash To Desktop, then please duplicate this crash for me and post a copy of your Starbound log file in the discussion thread.

I'll also need a list of the other mods you're using, so I can properly troubleshoot.
  9. chean
    chean
    5/5,
    Version: 30.2 (Ship Window)
    Lovely art, fantastic variety; an absolute must when using a customizable ship mod. Only thing I miss in it would be a slimmer, 1-tile wide option for the ship doors (standard ship doors feel rather too big and clunky if used e.g. to seal off small crew/tenant cabins).
  10. Monijir
    Monijir
    5/5,
    Version: 30.0 (Ore Engines)
    Ambitious, polished, and cohesive; can't recommend it enough.
  11. Merawolf
    Merawolf
    5/5,
    Version: 29.0 (Racial Engines)
    its amazing!
  12. Esreadel
    Esreadel
    5/5,
    Version: 28.0 (Wacky Ship)
    Love the art , used this to build my ship using the magic island mod. The only thing id like would be a crafting table for the blocks provided by this mod to reduce normal crafting table clutter. Since there is quite a lot of blocks.
  13. iMisterX
    iMisterX
    5/5,
    Version: 27.0 (Storage Stuff)
    Very useful for building and a nice huge addition to the game.
  14. GoldenstarArtist
    GoldenstarArtist
    5/5,
    Amazing! Keep up the awesomeness!
  15. MrChow
    MrChow
    5/5,
    This mod just got 200% better. 0u0
  16. GoldenstarArtist
    GoldenstarArtist
    5/5,
    Version: 26.0 (Pleased Giraffe)
    Beautiful! Must-have for all builders!
  17. Harakhti
    Harakhti
    5/5,
    Version: 24.2 (Video Screen Block)
    Yes/Yes would yes again. An absolute necessity for racial-themed building in modern style.
  18. discotech
    discotech
    5/5,
    Version: 24.0 (Gelatin and More)
    Perfect, I love the cardboard block. There are so many cool blocks that contribute to the game. Why hasn't chucklefish thought of these kinds of blocks?
  19. Abbra
    Abbra
    5/5,
    Version: 21.0 (Core Fragment)
    Good mod!
  20. Inny
    Inny
    5/5,
    Version: 21.0 (Core Fragment)
    An amazing mod ! Thank you for all this work.