1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Hull Plating Blocks & More 35.0 (Concrete Tileset)

Blocks that resemble parts from ship backgrounds, plus some other odds and ends.

1. At Long Last, I Can Stop Editing Text Files For a Little While

simulatoralive
    First, this update fixes the last of the material modifier tools to use the new beamaxe-based tool. This should make working with these tools more pleasant for all.

Second, I updated the sound on the Rubium Eye tool, to make it use the same sound set as the Matter Manipulator. Sounds more like slapping a gooey eye on a wall to me. I fixed the sound on the Spring Flowers Tool, as well. When I rebuilt it with the new beamaxe tool, I failed to copy over it's sounds.

Last of all, a little addition for the technically minded. I added text file lists of all Material IDs and Material Mod IDs used in this mod to the bottom folder. I've been losing track of which block I last added lately and which would be the next Material ID, so it was time to make that easier. There's also a pair of shell scripts I built for Linux to search through a list of directories for "*.material" and "*.matmod" files to extract this information from. They're not too efficient and depend on the current layout of files this mod uses, so they're quite likely to fail spectacularly if you fiddle with the order of lines. Basically, these two shell scripts were a one-off way to get my lists started. I'll be adding to them manually from here on foreword, as I add new blocks and material modifiers.

Now, I think I'll be playing Starbound with a new character for a while, at least until I get some inspiration and creative energy back.
Return to update list...