1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Hull Plating Blocks & More 35.0 (Concrete Tileset)

Blocks that resemble parts from ship backgrounds, plus some other odds and ends.

1. Money Blocks!

simulatoralive
    This update adds a collection of blocks derived from pixels: Pixel Block and three values of Voxel Block (1K, 5K and 10K).

Pixel Block can be made anywhere for 25 pixels each.

Voxel Blocks drop the same value of Voxel when broken. They can be made from equal or lesser value Voxels, as well as Pixel Blocks, so this makes it indirectly possible to combine your old small change into larger values of Voxels.

Here's a screenshot:
    Hull Plating Blocks (Money Blocks).jpg
  2. Racial Columns

simulatoralive
    This update adds a series of Column blocks for each race's ship, to match the existing tiles. They're learned by holding a piece of Hull Plating for the same race. They made form the same Hull Plating at any crafting table.

To be honest, I'm not happy with the way the Human Column turned out, art-wise. I'm looking to hear opinions from others on this. I'm thinking of making it all gray or all red. Please let me know what you think.

Here's the new demo/sampler image for the overview...
  3. Ore-Derived Column Blocks

simulatoralive
    This update adds a series of new ore-derived blocks: Columns. The recipes are learned by holding Hull Plating of the same type. They can then be crafted at the appropriate crafting station.

Sadly, I'm not sure when I'll be adding racial Column blocks. Going to be very busy for the next few days.

Here's a screenshot of a gold room with columns:
    Hull Plating blocks (Gold Columns).jpg
    And a new demo/sampler image for the overview page:
    Hull Plating Blocks (Ore-Derived).jpg
  4. Do We Need a Cardboard Starship?

simulatoralive
    Had a little time and I've had this particularly stupid idea in my head for a while. I made a Cardboard Sheet block. It's made from 3 paper at a Crafting Table and the recipe is always available. Though perhaps I should have made it learned on pickup of paper.

Isn't the tape to hold it in place amusing?

Here's the new demo/sampler image for the overview page (cardboard on the far right):
    Hull Plating Blocks (Special Blocks).jpg
  5. Ore-Derived Striped Wall

simulatoralive
    This update adds a series of ore-derived Striped Wall blocks, similar to the racial Striped Wall blocks from the previous release. The recipes are always available and are made at crafting tables.

Here's the new demo/sampler image for the overview page:
    Hull Plating Blocks (Ore-Derived).jpg
    alibabaggypants and Pohany like this.
  6. Racial Striped Wall

simulatoralive
    Well, since I've gotten more than one request for vertical Wall Panel, this update provides that. It's very similar to one of the Outpost's tiles, without the scratchiness and with a big change in color scheme.

Here's the new demo/sampler images for the overview page:
    Hull Plating Blocks (Racial Ship).jpg
    Pohany likes this.
  7. Anyone Wanna Make a Neon Sign?

simulatoralive
    This update adds trim blocks for each of the Gemspark blocks. These should be quite useful for making huge neon signs, I hope. You can make them from Gemspark blocks at a Crafting Table.

Hull Plating Blocks (Gemspark Trim).jpg
    Pohany likes this.
  8. Gemspark, For Your Mood Lighting Needs

simulatoralive
    This update adds 12 new Gemspark blocks. Players of Terraria may recognize these somewhat. 20 of them can be crafted from 20 Glass Blocks, 1 Diamond and a varying number of the three colored flower petals. The recipes are learned by picking them up. They're for sale from the Terramart at a price of 250 pixels each, so you can learn the recipe.

The main feature of these blocks is that they emit colored light. Unfortunately they cannot be wired.

Hull Plating Blocks (Gemspark).jpg
  9. Glowing Blocks Now...Glow!

simulatoralive
    Due to a helpful fellow user of this forum (Mackinz), I now know how to make blocks that glow.

This update makes Ship Engine Block and Novakid Glowing Panel glow, just the way I always intended. That's all.

Here's a screenshot:
    Hull Plating Blocks (Glowing Blocks).jpg

And new demo/sampler images for the overview page:
    Hull Plating Blocks (Racial Ship).jpg
    Pohany likes this.
  10. Novakid Glowing Panel

simulatoralive
    This update adds a single new block: Novakid Glowing Panel, as usually seen on the sides of their ships. It doesn't actually glow, however (not possible at this time to make glowing blocks). That's just the name.

This block takes paint in a totally different way from others in this mod. Paint simply changes the color of the "glowing" part.

Anyhoo, you can learn the recipe by holding one of them (purchasable from Terramart) or you can craft a new Portable Pixel Printer.

Here's the new...
    TheFloranChef and Pohany like this.