In my hundreds of hours playing Starbound, I have often found that healing items make even the most difficult missions too easy for my liking. For example, a nanowrap bandage gives you 100 health in a single second and can be spammed if needed. In my personal opinion, this is excessive and makes taking anything but lethal damage inconsequential.
This mod changes the following:
- Salve now gives 25 HP over 10 seconds
- Bandage now gives 25 HP over 5 seconds
- Medkit now gives 50 HP over 10 seconds, and heals most status effects
- Nanowrap now gives 50 HP over 5 seconds
- Red Stim now takes 3x as long to heal and lasts for 30 seconds
Hopefully this mod will encourage the following:
- More careful and meaningful play
- Missions more challenging and skill-based
- Chip damage more consequential since it cannot be healed off as easily
- More meaningful end-game customization in giving more value to health or regen armor/augments over damage
Thank you for reading and enjoy!
- Mod Pack Permissions:
- Anyone can use this mod in their mod compilation without the author's consent.
- Mod Assets Permissions:
- Do not alter or redistribute the assets included in this mod.
Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.Dismiss Notice
Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
Humble Healing 1.0
Nerfs various healing methods to make the game more challenging.