1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Hunger & Thirst 1.5

Adds hunger and thirst mechanics

1. Image Not Available
    Disclaimer:
    Any character using this mod will stop working if you uninstall it so back up your save games before using. The mod only received preliminary testing and may or may not be buggy and/or partially unbalanced, feedback in this regard is highly appreciated.

This mod reworks the food system by merging the hunger system of yore with the buff/cooldown based food of Giraffe:

All foods provide nutrition and buffs for 5 minutes now, so it is possible to permanently maintain food buffs. It is also possible to eat multiple foods (and subsequently get multiple buffs) by going hungry for a while, although it will impose a movement penalty after a while. Conversely, if you eat too much you will get the Sated debuff which will prevent you from eating for a while so it makes sense to think about managing your food intake before an upcoming boss fight or some such.

Thirst works the same way as hunger, except with drinks instead of food. Bottled water actually has a purpose now. To facilitate this, bottled (healing) water is now craftable from the C menu and you start out with 5 bottles of water and the liquid collection upgrade on the matter manipulator. Additionally, using a bottle of water will refund an empty bottle so you can refill it.

Due to technical limitations it is not possible to have hunger displayed in a bar like it was in Koala, so watch your status icons to know when you're hungry.

Special thanks to the people on the forum, who helped me out with some of the codework.
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    Anyone can use this mod in their mod compilation without the author's consent.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    Anyone can alter/redistribute the mod's assets without the author's consent.

Recent Updates

1. Unofficial Glad Giraffe patch
  2. More fixes
  3. Falldamage hotfix

Recent Reviews

1. Lengey
    Lengey
    1/5,
    Version: 1.5
    Got some crashes and now not work.
    I think is not compatible with Franklin Universe. Dang.
  2. notanaccount
    notanaccount
    1/5,
    Thirst does not work properly, completely unable to use water bottles.
  3. sleepy123
    sleepy123
    5/5,
    Can you make a thirst standalone mod? Thanks!
  4. temmieiii
    temmieiii
    5/5,
    I have only one question.
    WHY DEVELOPERS REMOVE THIS MECHANICS FROM THE GAME?!
    Or I'm doing something wrong?
  5. Kaleto
    Kaleto
    5/5,
    Adding survival aspects to any game is awesome. I went ahead and made my own update using this. You, sir, ROCK!
  6. Dethtronthedestroyer
    Dethtronthedestroyer
    5/5,
    love it
  7. majk
    majk
    5/5,
    I've been missing this functionality for a long time in Starbound. Going to test it right away!
  8. LoStone
    LoStone
    5/5,
    This is the only mod i check constantly for updates, other mods are nice but this is the core of my gameplay
  9. Sketch2347
    Sketch2347
    5/5,
    This mod in 30 minutes has COMPLETELY got me hooked on SB again, i will never be able to play without that water mechanic now. Thank You so much whoever you are. 10/10
  10. LoStone
    LoStone
    5/5,
    Version: 1.4
    Wonderful and should be kept up to date please update to glad, my staround group of friends feel the game isnt good without your work