1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Interactable Apex Pods 1.6

Sure, heal yourself with a tank of DNA sludge, it's perfectly safe

1. bohric
    Allows you to use Apex life support pods as if they were furniture. I figured, hey, if we can sit around in Floran cages and Human force prison cells, why not Apex life support pods?

Maybe that's not a very good reason, since these things are clearly pretty bad news, but whatever. Now the option exists. And, by popular demand, they'll heal you and prevent your hunger from decreasing.

Because everyone keeps asking in the comments, I'll just say it here:
    These pods can be found in Apex test chambers and Miniknog bases. Take them home with you, or scan one and print them yourself. Or just spawn them in with "/spawnitem apexpod2" if you feel like cheating.

Normally, these pods give off light and can be toggled on and off with the wire system. Most interactable items lose that interactability when wired, but I've managed to prevent that from happening here. Exiting and re-entering the pod will also toggle its light; that's just the game's normal way of handling interaction with the object, and I decided to leave that as it is.

After getting several suggestions to do so, I have added an alternate version of the pod that allows whoever is in the pod to keep their clothes on. The two different pods are two different objects, and the one that appears in the world naturally is still the normal one. Picking up either type of pod should give you a set of two crafting recipes for the Wooden Workbench that allow switching between the two versions for free.

Steam version: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=860578021
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    Anyone can use this mod in their mod compilation without the author's consent.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    You must get the author's consent before altering/redistributing any assets included in this mod.

Recent Reviews

1. hhhsss
    hhhsss
    5/5,
    Version: 1.1
    I don't find this useless or unnecessary at all! It's useful for role-playing in a laboratory. I like it's simplicity and it does everything as it says.