1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Item Broadcaster + Hyper-storage v1.5 (p1.2)

A lightweight system for auto-sorting + Hyperspace multi-containers. Works with any containers!

1. Patch 1.2

Wellbott
    Updated for new patch.
  2. Hyper-storage re-enabled

Wellbott
    Fixed the issue and re-enabled the Hyper-storage beacons.
  3. 1.0 Update

Wellbott
    Updated for 1.0, but the Hyper Storage is acting wonky and will take some more time.
    lordbociek and TheFloranChef like this.
  4. Glad Giraffe

Wellbott
    Nothing interesting.
    Lindazana likes this.
  5. Secondary Sorting Algorithms

Wellbott
    The Broadcast network now supports a secondary sorting algorithm, which you can enable by interacting with the beacon.

When the network can't find an identical stack, it will look for a chest with a good "fit", by comparing all the items inside and generating an affinity score. This is based on the average similarities of the items in the chest - things like being both instruments or tools, shared weapon types, and shared object tags.

Making a good sorting algorithm is mighty tricky, so if...
  6. Pleased Giraffe

Wellbott
    Updated for Pleased Giraffe. Also added a hard check to prevent broadcasting into the same hyper-storage network, which could cause exponential growth of item stacks.
  7. recipe fix

Wellbott
    This update features a complete re-write of the Hyper-storage Beacon code. This should fix several edge cases with chunk loading that could duplicate or destroy Hyper-storage contents.

The Hyper-storage containers now respect item slots, so your stuff isn't shuffled around in the chests every time the network updates.

Legacy Hyper-storage beacons will still function as usual, but the recipe now makes the new ones. I suggest taking a moment to convert any existing networks over.

I'd like...
  8. New Hyperstorage code and visual Broadcasting

Wellbott
    This update features a complete re-write of the Hyper-storage Beacon code. This should fix several edge cases with chunk loading that could duplicate or destroy Hyper-storage contents.

The Hyper-storage containers now respect item slots, so your stuff isn't shuffled around in the chests every time the network updates.

Legacy Hyper-storage beacons will still function as usual, but the recipe now makes the new ones. I suggest taking a moment to convert any existing networks over.

I'd like...
  9. modpak + teleshop

Wellbott
    Fixed a typo in recipe, maybe. Reports were unclear.

Either way, also added redundancy recipes so you can buy the beacons at the Teleshop for pure pixels.

And in a modpak for installation clarity.
    DarknessLilly likes this.
  10. Unstable (Upbeat Giraffe) Version

Wellbott
    Minor syntax tweaks for the newest update.